Who will be the #5 and #6 prospects?

Tony-OH

Who will be the #5 and #6 prospects?   

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the #5 and #6 prospects?

• Diaz and Hays
    • Diaz and Baumann
    • Hays and Diaz
    • Hays and Baumann
    • Kremer and Diaz

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

These picks is hard.   But I have to go with Kremer/Diaz.

Tony is mostly about ceiling.   Not always but mostly.

Tony had Kremer #4 and Diaz #5 last year.     Did Hays or Baumann do enough to pass them?  I don't think so if Tony is thinking ceiling.

Kremer has the chance to be a 4 pitch starter.   His two best pitches are is curve and is fastball with movement.   I think there is enough speed different between the two pitches that it help keep hitters off balance.   Kremer had a 2.58 ERA with over an K and inning as Frederick.   He carried that forward to AA.   2.98 with over a K per inning.   

Diaz play last season at 22 years old.   I think being younger plays a role here.   He is also rated a Top 100 player by BA.   

Hays and Diaz are very close in talent.  Hays is a little faster and has a better arm but he is 15 months older.  If Elias was doing the ranking I think Hays would be ahead of Diaz because Elias ranks C, SS and CF ahead of corner players.   But again, Tony is about ceiling.  And last year he rated Diaz with a higher ceiling that Hays.   Both had so-so minor league seasons due to injury.   Hays did well in his month in the majors.   But Tony says Hays hasn't proven anything in the majors.

Baumann has two above average hard pitches in his fastball and slider.   His off speed pitches and his control has a ways to go.   He did not have a K and inning at AA.  Last year Tony had him at #20.   He will take a big jump but will he pass the other 3?  I don't think so.

What I think may be different but what we are trying to do here is guess what Tony/Luke think.

Yay. I voted for Kremer so you gave me hope.

1 hour ago, NCRaven said:

True.  But, Hays has made it to the bigs - twice - and shows promise at that level.  Diaz, Baumann and Kremer haven’t had a cup of coffee yet.

Hays was the first member of his draft class to play in the majors.    He got delayed in his return.  The talent is still there.  

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Haha. Knowing the way I type when I'm going too fast, that does seem like something I would do.

The year Switch Hitting Jesus was #1 you had a poll where all 4 or 5 of the choices were Wieters, with various misspellings. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TGO said:

The year Switch Hitting Jesus was #1 you had a poll where all 4 or 5 of the choices were Wieters, with various misspellings. 

I don't even remember that. :D

Might have been the year I was in Iraq and Drungo helped out with the prospect list.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Hmmm given that Kremer is only mentioned once, he’s odds-on to be the outlier and not in the next four. On the other hand he ended strong and is the youngest of the group.

but I voted for him so that decides it...oh well.

Tony, I know this is. A lot of work for you and for Luke. I really appreciate it. I miss Jon Shepard a lot, but you guys have filled in admirably, and I hope one day I can drag my wife to a home game and buy you both a beer.

I assume you mean you were at his site at one point, because Shepard was never part of OH. I've also been doing this since 1996 so I'm not exactly replacing anyone. I guess thanks though.

8 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I assume you mean you were at his site at one point, because Shepard was never part of OH. I've also been doing this since 1996 so I'm not exactly replacing anyone. I guess thanks though.

I think he means he [Philip] hung out at Camden Depot,  And Jon has been a contributor here throughout. I think Philip switched brands.  And he seems to like it. 

10 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

You misunderstood me totally. When I wanted in-depth information about the Orioles I read Camden Depot. Just before Jon shut down I found OH, and was delighted that you guys offer the same in-depth thoughts about the Os. I wasn’t denigrating you at all, I was expressing gratitude. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, weams said:

I think he means he [Philip] hung out at Camden Depot,  And Jon has been a contributor here throughout. I think Philip switched brands.  And he seems to like it. 

Before I found OH, I was at Roch or Steve’s site daily, I read Utah Street hooligans, CC, but the most in-depth commentary was at the Depot. Then I found this place. So I’m here every day and I enjoy it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

You misunderstood me totally. When I wanted in-depth information about the Orioles I read Camden Depot. Just before Jon shut down I found OH, and was delighted that you guys offer the same in-depth thoughts about the Os. I wasn’t denigrating you at all, I was expressing gratitude. 

Got it. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Two points for the following people:

• Pheasants

22 hours ago
  • Cavspider

22 hours ago
  • Number5

Number5

21 hours ago
  • joelala

joelala