Maryland vs. Marquette

Oriole4Life

I saw there was a Temple game thread, which is part of the Orlando Invitational, but figured this one might deserve its own.  Championship game.  Maryland has a chance to earn their biggest win of the year thus far.  I think Marquette is a solid squad.  The key, of course, is stopping Markus Howard. 

I haven't had a chance to watch a full Terps game this year (saw the majority of the Rhode Island game), so looking forward to it. 

• Upvote 1

Starting their best five players for the first time this season, seemed to make a big difference. 

This is the first game I've watched where we've looked like a legit top five team from start to finish.  You've seen a lot of playing around with the rotations early in the season and minutes spread around.  As we get into conference play I think you'll see a rotation similar to what we saw today.  

The Mitchell twins have been disappointing.  Scott looks like he is going to be the freshman on the roster who gives us the biggest impact.  

• Upvote 1

Amazing game today.  They were really up for the game from the start.   Great defense vs Markus.   Smothered him.   Stix got in some foul trouble but Mitchel did a good job subbing for him.  Morsell, Cowan,  Wiggins, Ayala  all were on their game.  Much better than the Temple game.

Hard to know how they will do vs ranked team but they were fun to watch today.

6 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Starting their best five players for the first time this season, seemed to make a big difference. 

This is the first game I've watched where we've looked like a legit top five team from start to finish.  You've seen a lot of playing around with the rotations early in the season and minutes spread around.  As we get into conference play I think you'll see a rotation similar to what we saw today.  

The Mitchell twins have been disappointing.  Scott looks like he is going to be the freshman on the roster who gives us the biggest impact.  

Thanks for he comments, it's good to read. I recorded the game then watched the Ravens game. went into my DVR and for some reason it did not record! Uggghhh!

Looked at the boxscore and it certainly looked like a dominant game for them from start to finish which is good. Hopefully they've found the right rotation. Seems like Stix and Cowan have been playing better, which are musts for this team to reach their potential.

BTW, the Mitchell twins have zero offensive games. They've been very disappointing int he games I've seen. 

On 12/1/2019 at 9:54 PM, Tony-OH said:

BTW, the Mitchell twins have zero offensive games. They've been very disappointing int he games I've seen. 

Very disappointing, but bigs tend to take a little longer to adapt to the physicality of the college game.

My pessimism about them is somewhat mitigated by the pleasant surprise that Donta Scott has been.

We will definitely need a lot more from them once we get into the Big Ten schedule.