Villar Traded to Marlins for LHS Easton Lucas

weams

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Trying to understand how this move makes any sense for them.   

I have been working, and I’m just now finding out about this. I still need to figure out the information, but I just have to point out that the Marlins have really bad management. 

I do not expect them to make good moves. I feel sorry for Johnathan, because he’s not going to be happy playing for the Marlins.

1 hour ago, Scalious said:

So the league did speak and agreed he was worth 10M?  Marlins would have been really high on WW priority(if they claimed) and are not in a win it now mode.

I would guess, yes at least two teams thought he was worth $10 million, but One team would only pay it if he were free, And the other team was the Marlins. So I think Mike wins this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, interloper said:

It projects confidence, and honestly, that does count for something for me as a fan. The player is almost certainly a nobody though, and if they manage to develop him that will be pretty wild.

My lottery ticket is still Elio Prado!  If he is the next JBJ - :new_beer:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I would guess, yes at least two teams thought he was worth $10 million, but One team would only pay it if he were free, And the other team was the Marlins. So I think Mike wins this.

That is some weird logic. We didn’t get a real prospect.  We gave up our best player.  Total failure.

43 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

This is where I am Tony! I'm sorry to see Villar go as he was my favorite player. I don't think the organization cares about the fans who buy tickets.

I just had them call me up about purchasing season tickets today.  Must be a tough job.