The Astros and Red Sox Punishments

weams

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

When the Astros trashcan beating scandal broke, I took the absolute silence from other teams (not players, teams) as an admission of guilt that they were doing illegal things, too.  

Me too. There's no way the other teams are all innocent.

The fallout of all this will be interesting. 

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

When the Astros trashcan beating scandal broke, I took the absolute silence from other teams (not players, teams) as an admission of guilt that they were doing illegal things, too.  

like I told my daughter when I caught her sneaking caramel popcorn before dinner...you’re only in trouble if you get caught.

• Haha 1

Sadly, the bitter truth is that if you don’t get caught you didn’t do it. And if you DO get caught and you’re Bill Belichick you didn’t do it.

however the Houston/Sox guys got caught and must be punished.

What did Spock say?

” The condemned has his choice: death by phaser, death by hanging, death by firing squad…”

15 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, there could be quite the game of finger pointing that could occur. Especially given how man people involved are with other orgs. They’ll get some punishment but not a post season ban. 

12 hours ago, Philip said:

Sadly, the bitter truth is that if you don’t get caught you didn’t do it. And if you DO get caught and you’re Bill Belichick you didn’t do it.

however the Houston/Sox guys got caught and must be punished.

What did Spock say?

” The condemned has his choice: death by phaser, death by hanging, death by firing squad…”

Or worse, an infinity of listening to @Philip 's attempts at someone else's humour?  (or mine perhaps?)  I joke, since I did laugh uproariously at the above!  ?

• Upvote 1

• weams changed the title to The Astros and Red Sox Punishments

News is saying that Alex Cora has been implicated in Astros cheating during 2017 and could possibly be punished for that... which leads my mind directly to Mike Elias.

It would be just the Orioles luck to have a former Astros executive, turned Orioles savior, go down in a heap of flames over something like this.

Anyone else let their mind slip to the possibility that Elias is also wrapped up in this?

11 minutes ago, Todd-O said:

News is saying that Alex Cora has been implicated in Astros cheating during 2017 and could possibly be punished for that... which leads my mind directly to Mike Elias.

It would be just the Orioles luck to have a former Astros executive, turned Orioles savior, go down in a heap of flames over something like this.

Anyone else let their mind slip to the possibility that Elias is also wrapped up in this?

Of course.  That's why I'm hoping they just penalize the orgs that did it and not the individuals. They should lose picks for as many years as they "cheated".