7 new international signings

interloper

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

The NBA is seeing more European participation, does the MLB have any scouts or investigators in Europe? Baseball is not very big over there, but if you can throw 95, run, have quick reflexes, And you’re 16, I bet major-league baseball would be happy to take a look at you.

Two of the biggest problems in bold. Same reason the USA does not have many international soccer stars. Kids just don't play soccer as much in this country. It's hard to throw 95, and people don't just naturally throw that hard, and Europe is not making it a point to have their children learn to do it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Two of the biggest problems in bold. Same reason the USA does not have many international soccer stars. Kids just don't play soccer as much in this country. It's hard to throw 95, and people don't just naturally throw that hard, and Europe is not making it a point to have their children learn to do it.

That’s what I was thinking as well, soccer is easy. At least soccer looks easy. You just have to have unbelievable stamina. I’m pretty sure there’s more to it than that, but it’s hard to see. On the other hand, Money sure does stimulate interest. 

2 hours ago, interloper said:

You're right, just noticed that. I guess just announcing it now? 

I wonder why they waited on the ones who were signed July 2?    Maybe their signings weren’t official then for some reason?    I’ve looked over the July 2 announcement and confirmed that none of these 7 were listed then.    

Since we only have $1.5 mm remaining (which is news in and of itself), that may not be enough to entice the couple of big fish (whose names escape me) who were available this winter but possibly waiting for the next signing period.   

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Since we only have $1.5 mm remaining (which is news in and of itself), that may not be enough to entice the couple of big fish (whose names escape me) who were available this winter but possibly waiting for the next signing period.   

Oscar Colas and Norge Carlos Vera were the names I forgot.    Luke had suggested that Vera might be able to command $2.5 mm.