MLB (Orioles) suspended indefinitely

atomic

Japan league is playing all preseason games without fans.  They are going to suspend schools for 5 weeks.  

I guess they could play games in MLB without crowds and players could travel by chartered airplanes.   Seems like fans aren't going to want to games while the virus is active.   

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It just depends on how widespread the coronavirus becomes.     It’s too soon to say whether drastic measures like that will become necessary.    They could, but I sure hope not.   

Some guy who hasn't been to any of the affected countries or been around anyone whom has been to those countries is in the hospital in California with a confirmed case.  I think it is inevitable at this point. 

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

What's the purpose of this thread? Some people will say "yes, it's a possibility". Some people will say "no, there's no way". 

What have you accomplished in either case? 

If you aren't interested why bother replying?  I think there is quite a possibility the season get suspended or cancelled.  I was wondering what others think.  

Interesting to note that the Flu epedemic of 1918 started to hit in September and MLB season was shortened that year due to WW1.   Baltimore banned baseball games.   The World Series was played though. Evidently Babe Ruth got the Flu.   The NHL Cancelled the Stanley Cup. 

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

If you aren't interested why bother replying?  I think there is quite a possibility the season get suspended or cancelled.  I was wondering what others think.  

Were you? You seem more intent on just saying everyone else's opinion is wrong, but have at it. I'll move along.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, interloper said:

Were you? You seem more intent on just saying everyone else's opinion is wrong, but have at it. I'll move along.

I have not offered an opinion on whether the season will be cancelled or played without fans.  Your posts have nothing to do with anything I posted.  You are anger is unrelated to my post.  

Fact: Japanese league is playing preseason without fans.

Fact: Virus is spreading. 

Fact: People are fearful of the virus in this country.