MLB (Orioles) suspended indefinitely

atomic

22 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Take awhile but normal maybe in a few months.But very bumpy for small businesses and even cities and counties that get an entertainment tax.Ugly few weeks.

Yeah that is the question, how long will it go in.  Containment will make it last longer but hopefully cause less deaths. 

14 minutes ago, atomic said:

All we have to do is do what China did. Shut down the country for 2  1/2 months, weld people into their homes, sanitize the country Ans nobody can come out until virus is gone.  And here you are saying you won’t make any changes to your routine. 

Well we aren't a Communist country, so there's that. (yes, I went there)

/thread lock in 3, 2, 1....

12 minutes ago, orioles119 said:

Well we aren't a Communist country, so there's that. (yes, I went there)

/thread lock in 3, 2, 1....

I didn’t suggest we do any of those things. I am not sure why you continue to discount the seriousness of the situation. Yeah we won’t do what China did. And that is good. I don’t want to be welded into my house but your I am going to do my normal routine and everyone is overreacting is tiresome. Italy has closed every commercial enterprise besides grocery and pharmacies.

This is the most dangerous situation for the world since WW2. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

I didn’t suggest we do any of those things. I am not sure why you continue to discount the seriousness of the situation. Yeah we won’t do what China did. And that is good. I don’t want to be welded into my house but your I am going to do my normal routine and everyone is overreacting is tiresome. Italy has closed every commercial enterprise besides grocery and pharmacies.

This is the most dangerous situation for the world since WW2. 

No one is sure what will happen.During Ebola,we had a whole floor at Hopkins reseeved for patuents but it never came to that.Viruses behave not according to any script. Mutate and sometimes disappear for no apparent good reason. 1918 flu is a good example.

35 minutes ago, atomic said:

All we have to do is do what China did. Shut down the country for 2  1/2 months, weld people into their homes, sanitize the country Ans nobody can come out until virus is gone.  And here you are saying you won’t make any changes to your routine. 

So, you're not suggesting that the US do what China did?  I'm confused...

meme-featuring-a-stick-figure-named-bob-

16 minutes ago, orioles119 said:

So, you're not suggesting that the US do what China did?  I'm confused...

meme-featuring-a-stick-figure-named-bob-

You were mentioning that China was back to normal but we aren’t going to do what China did and no one wants us to so why make light of the situation here. 

And I read what scientists are saying. They do say to have two weeks of food on hand in case you are too sick to leave your home.

16 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

How do you get that hat? Does it help control the virus?

More good news from one ofthe best ,if not the best research hospital at least in this country. 

That is good news about the test. I went to patient first when I last had the flu and they were able to tell me I tested positive in fifteen minutes.  They even told me which strain I had. I wonder why they can’t do this with Coronavirus.

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

No one is sure what will happen.During Ebola,we had a whole floor at Hopkins reseeved for patuents but it never came to that.Viruses behave not according to any script. Mutate and sometimes disappear for no apparent good reason. 1918 flu is a good example.

I thought people were overreacting to Ebola the whole time. And I said it made no sense to be scared of it as it made no sense.  The death rate on this, the slow onset and how easy it is to spread is what makes this one the deadly one.  Plus the high rate of hospitilazition.

19 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Many people will.Famous and not.Probably some politicians also.I guess people realize we are in a different time when famous people are gettibg the virus. Hold on for some bumps ahead.

50 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Check out the Thunder/Jazz game.

NBA suspends season.

Wow that escalated quickly.