MLB (Orioles) suspended indefinitely

atomic

I can see through the Disney App that lines at Disney World are at max capacity. Someone needs to shut down Disney ASAP.  People from all over the country and the world stuck together in long lines.  Then bringing back the virus to every place. 

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Diseases that rapidly kill off their hosts aren't that effective as diseases.  After all killing the host is bad for the virus.

I've read all viruses tend to mutate and downgrade to less dangerous over time. So even the ebola which mutated many times during the 2014 outbreak, was probably mutating to something less dangerous in an effort to keep its hosts alive. 

On 2/27/2020 at 9:35 AM, interloper said:

What's the purpose of this thread? Some people will say "yes, it's a possibility". Some people will say "no, there's no way". 

What have you accomplished in either case? 

Credit where it's due to @atomic. It's no secret that I'm not a fan of the guy's posts, and I dunked on his OP with this comment. But when you're wrong you're wrong, and I was wrong. It was worthy of discussion and his OP proved prescient. 

Mea culpa. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

If Spring Training is now gone, I expect the entire season may be gone too. 

I don't think we're there yet. I expect a delay or a shortened season. Let's just see how it goes. Most science will point to a virus like this burning out in the summer months, so let's hope that's the case. But that won't happen without some drastic measures like we're seeing. So the good news is action is being taken. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Credit where it's due to @atomic. It's no secret that I'm not a fan of the guy's posts, and I dunked on his OP with this comment. But when you're wrong you're wrong, and I was wrong. It was worthy of discussion and his OP proved prescient. 

Mea culpa. 

I wish I was the one that was wrong.  

• Upvote 4

Just now, interloper said:

I don't think we're there yet. I expect a delay or a shortened season. Let's just see how it goes. Most science will point to a virus like this burning out in the summer months, so let's hope that's the case. But that won't happen without some drastic measures like we're seeing. So the good news is action is being taken. 

China seems to think it will start to lessen in June.  Let's hope so.  

Just now, interloper said:

We'll see. Right now  I dont expect to see any baseball in 2020.