When Will the 2020 MLB Season Begin? (Poll)

24fps

Start of the 2020 Season  

149 members have voted

1. 1. When will the 2020 season begin?

• Sometime in April
    • Sometime in May
    • Sometime in June
    • Sometime in July
    • No 2020 Season at All

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/20 at 04:59

23 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

If the estimates that we can expect somewhere from 40%-70% of the total population to become infected over the next 18 months are accurate, normal will never be the same again. Hopefully, they will develop some drugs to treat the virus while creating and testing a vaccine. 

Those numbers seam to be higher than I have been reading.

On 3/13/2020 at 2:23 PM, SteveA said:

Dr. Fauci, the NIH official who has consistently had good, intelligent information on this thing, ventures a guess of 8 weeks for how long the disruptions to daily life could last.   (But if you read his quote he has a lot of caveats about how hard it is to predict, etc).

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/487425-top-health-official-fauci-coronavirus-crisis-could-last-8-weeks

It is hard to predict, virtually impossible. It will have to run it's course.

Federal Government just created a report that said that this is going to last 18 months and to expect shortages. It was marked "Not for Public Release"  but someone gave it to the NY times.  No baseball probably next year either.  Baseball players might need to do something different for a living.  

Just now, atomic said:

Federal Government just created a report that said that this is going to last 18 months and to expect shortages. It was marked "Not for Public Release"  but someone gave it to the NY times.  No baseball probably next year either.  Baseball players might need to do something different for a living.  

Probably Buzzfeed.

Baltimore mayor is putting his foot down.

On Wednesday, after seven people were shot in Baltimore on Tuesday night, Baltimore Mayor Jack Young pleaded with residents to stop shooting each other so there would be beds available for victims of the coronavirus.

“We cannot clog up our hospitals and their beds with people that are being shot senselessly because we’re going to need those beds for people infected with the coronavirus. And it could be your mother, your grandmother or one of your relatives. So take that into consideration.”

11 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

Baltimore mayor is putting his foot down.

On Wednesday, after seven people were shot in Baltimore on Tuesday night, Baltimore Mayor Jack Young pleaded with residents to stop shooting each other so there would be beds available for victims of the coronavirus.

“We cannot clog up our hospitals and their beds with people that are being shot senselessly because we’re going to need those beds for people infected with the coronavirus. And it could be your mother, your grandmother or one of your relatives. So take that into consideration.”

Like they care. 

52 minutes ago, atomic said:

I have to say I don't believe the only old people and sickly people dying anymore.  You don't shut down the world for 18 months for that. We are lied to about masks. I have to say we are being lied to about a lot of things.  

Its smokers too, but I am reading how younger healthy people are getting terribly ill from this, but are still surviving. Supposedly type A blood makes you more likely to get infected. 

6 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Its smokers too, but I am reading how younger healthy people are getting terribly ill from this, but are still surviving. Supposedly type A blood makes you more likely to get infected. 

And, more importantly for me, type O makes you less susceptible.  Based of course off some preliminary data out of Wuhan.