Al Kaline died today at age 85

George

43 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Mezzanine seats were cool except that you had almost no chance at catching foul balls unless they were lined too hard to catch them anyway.

But they were SO close to the action.  Even closer than the front row of the club level is now.  Because now the middle and upper levels are set back further to avoid support poles obstructing views in the lower deck.

On 4/8/2020 at 10:52 AM, atomic said:

It wasn't meant to be one. Frobby is saying why isn't he as famous as those guys.  Those guys were better.  

You seem to have a hard time with reading comprehension.   

On 4/7/2020 at 7:57 PM, Frobby said:

Anyway, I wasn’t arguing that Kaline was as good as the others (though I’d certainly put him in Yaz’s class).      Just pointing out what a great crop of outfielders that era produced.

20 hours ago, SteveA said:

But they were SO close to the action.  Even closer than the front row of the club level is now.  Because now the middle and upper levels are set back further to avoid support poles obstructing views in the lower deck.

Yes, you felt very in the game at a good viewing angle. It's also where the Press Box was right? I remember thinking it was neat to peer over and try to figure out where Chuck Thompson, Bill O'Donnell, etc. were.