Austin Hays hits a walkoff home run to break losing streak with 7-5 win (sim)

Tony-OH

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

So far Hays has been the only player worth watching.  He's having a very nice "rookie" season.  Too early to anoint him the O's All-star selection?

Position player absolutely Hays has been the best.  Castro has quietly been doing well with 2 scoreless in this game for the win and ERA now of 0.71. 

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

So far Hays has been the only player worth watching.  He's having a very nice "rookie" season.  Too early to anoint him the O's All-star selection?

If it's anyone else I would be shocked unless he goes into a huge regression. Guess Givens or even Castro or Harvey could potentially slip in as relievers. They have all been great.

I wonder if OOTP doesn't believe in Means's low HR/FB%. He had one of the lowest in the league last year, but he also had a pretty great hard hit%, so maybe it wasn't all a fluke. The advanced pitching metrics hate him because of his low strikeout numbers and fly ball tendencies. Do you know if OOTP just looks at the FIPs and xFIPs of the world, or do they take into account things like hard hit% and barrels?

25 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I wonder if OOTP doesn't believe in Means's low HR/FB%. He had one of the lowest in the league last year, but he also had a pretty great hard hit%, so maybe it wasn't all a fluke. The advanced pitching metrics hate him because of his low strikeout numbers and fly ball tendencies. Do you know if OOTP just looks at the FIPs and xFIPs of the world, or do they take into account things like hard hit% and barrels?

Some good questions and I'm not sure what they take into consideration to come up with their ratings. The ratings are usually pretty decent, but they have misses and not everything is perfect. I'm hoping with all the statcast information out there they will incorporate that into future ratings.

35 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

With Holoday on the 26 man roster now and Sisco struggling, is there anyone else in AAA or in the waiver that could take his spot?

I'm considering promoting Yusniel Diaz but I'm going to give Sisco a chance at DHing some to see if he can get it going offensively. He's been a little better after a real slow start. Really the big thing is keeping Davis on the roster. I was hoping Mountcastle would be forcing his way to the big leagues but he has struggled outside of hitting a few long home runs. I really don't like the ratings on Mountcastle in the sim. His hit tool is too low.

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm considering promoting Yusniel Diaz but I'm going to give Sisco a chance at DHing some to see if he can get it going offensively. He's been a little better after a real slow start. Really the big thing is keeping Davis on the roster. I was hoping Mountcastle would be forcing his way to the big leagues but he has struggled outside of hitting a few long home runs. I really don't like the ratings on Mountcastle in the sim. His hit tool is too low.

Just cut him man.  Just do it.  

source.gif

• Haha 1