2020 Round 5 (133): Carter Baumler - RHS- (HS)(Dowling Catholic)

“My projections are high enough that I don’t think it will  effect me too much but you know we’re just playing it by ear we don’t know what’s going to happen.”

He is thought to be a lock for the first five rounds of the draft—then he’d have a decision to make between going pro, or joining the TCU Horned Frogs, where he’s committed to play college ball.

“It all really comes down to the economics of what they would give me TCU is a phenomenal option and I’m just going to see what happens.”

Neither is a bad option, but the first focus is getting back on the field to play a real game of baseball.

“The next time I play could be this fall with TCU or it could be professional baseball, no one really knows what’s going to happen.”

Carter Baumler has the potential to be one of the best baseball products this state has seen.

He has good movement on his breaking ball, and his fastball is now hitting in the low 90’s.

“I’m a lot more explosive than I ever have been the strongest I ever have been.”

It’s a product of the last four months of work put in.

“I grinded this whole off-season just so I could come out and have a spectacular year.”

Now the question is, what kind of baseball season will we even get?

High school teams can’t practice right now, so Baumler looks at it as an extension of the off-season to keep building.

“There’s no excuses to not be in your best shape of your life really.”

https://www.weareiowa.com/article/sports/carter-baumler-eyes-2020-mlb-draft-while-waiting-for-hs-season-to-start/524-d37f22b7-fa01-4a2f-8d69-0a8636a9877c

• Upvote 1