vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/18

OFFNY

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Blew through the stop sign, then stopped when he should have kept going. If you're going to blow through the sign just keep going. 

Yeah, at least make them throw it to the plate! The runner is going to get to second regardless at that point, you do nobody any favors drawing a rundown

• Upvote 1

I HATE watching this kind of baseball. Losing by horrific umpiring, missed throws and boneheaded plays.

If Davis made a good throw, if the ump didn't SCREW Mullins on two balls that were out of the zone by at least a foot apiece, if Mullins didn't pretend like there isn't a 3B coach, OR kept running, OR stopped at third, we would still have a chance.

It's like a plane crash. There's a "kill chain" -- a long series of events that all went wrong in a row to make it happen. How unlucky are we?

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Error and bad base running is not going to win you many extra innings. 

But, when you play Chris Davis and Dwight Smith Jr. you get what you get. If the #Orioles were interested in winning neither would be on the roster. 

Renato Nunez wasn't making that stop at first, let alone a solid throw to the plate. They are hamstrung by having Davis on the roster, but bringing him in was the right call.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Blew through the stop sign, then stopped when he should have kept going. If you're going to blow through the sign just keep going. 

Radio announcers need to do a better job describing things. He was not that clear on Davis throw Home either. Said it got by Severino but I don’t think he said it bounced.  

2 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

I HATE watching this kind of baseball. Losing by horrific umpiring, missed throws and boneheaded plays.

If Davis made a good throw, if the ump didn't SCREW Mullins on two balls that were out of the zone by at least a foot apiece, if Mullins didn't pretend like there isn't a 3B coach, OR kept running, OR stopped at third, we would still have a chance.

It's like a plane crash. There's a "kill chain" -- a long series of events that all went wrong in a row to make it happen. How unlucky are we?

Dwight Smith ignored the 3B coach, not Mullins.

Severino needs to catch Davis' throw,

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, allquixotic said:

I'd rather watch the 2019 O's and their total, abject ineptitude than a team that's good enough to make it close, but bad enough to remind me of when I played in Little League.

In general much of the sloppy type play is from the same players. Rio made mistake other day, it happens.