vs. RED SOX, 8/20

OFFNY

5 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

I knew I could buzz a wiffle ball at a very high mph, but...

That was extremely impressive, but that’s not the wiffleball that I remember as a child. The ball I remember was about the size of a softball and was perforated all over, there was more hole than plastic. I remember as a little boy trying to throw them just as hard as I could, and they didn’t travel any farther than a wadded up piece of notebook paper.

I’d like to know what that fella can do with a real baseball?

Just now, Philip said:

That was extremely impressive, but that’s not the wiffleball that I remember as a child. The ball I remember was about the size of a softball and was perforated all over, there was more hole than plastic. I remember as a little boy trying to throw them just as hard as I could, and they didn’t travel any farther than a wadded up piece of notebook paper.

I’d like to know what that fella can do with a real baseball?

Probably not much with a real baseball, but likely 70+ based on arm action and coordination.

This is the official Wiffle Ball TM.

Just now, SteveA said:

I doubt we would have gotten the DP, but damn am Ibtires of seeing guys have trouble getting the ball out of their glove.  It's been an epidemic the past week or so.

Like the catcher cross ups across the league, this may be the result of the suspended Spring Training and shortened pre-season practice.