Ryan Mountcastle hits First and Second MLB Homers

weams

His bat is as advertised.   He’s got some serious zing to all fields and can get the barrel to just about any place in the zone and some places out of it.    He’s swung at 45.8% of the pitches he’s seen outside the strike zone (2nd highest on the team), so plate discipline may still be an issue despite the early walks.     

Those homers were very legit and overall I’m very happy with what we’ve seen from Mountcastle at the plate.    I really haven’t seen a tough chance come to him in the OF yet.     

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Great to see him doing well. Hopefully he’s going to maintain the walk rates because I think the league is going to start pitching him tougher.

Are you implying they are simply lobbing the ball over the plate to him because they don't know him?  I find it hard to believe they're intentionally making non competitive pitches and not trying to get outs

Just now, CarrRun49 said:

Are you implying they are simply lobbing the ball over the plate to him because they don't know him?  I find it hard to believe they're intentionally making non competitive pitches and not trying to get outs

Never said that ... Once you make the show and have success pitchers adjust. Then the good players will also adjust. The mediocre or bad players can’t or don’t 

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Never said that ... Once you make the show and have success pitchers adjust. Then the good players will also adjust. The mediocre or bad players can’t or don’t 

If I am a betting man, what you see is what you get.  The guy is going to hit.