Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

11 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Does it give anyone pleasure when the players that we traded away aren't doing well?

No.   For the most part, I’d like to see them thrive.   As to Manny, he’s hitting just so-so (.792 OPS), but has been worth 1.0 rWAR in 19 games as a Dodger.   That’s an 8+ WAR pace and I’m sure the Dodgers will take that.    Brad Brach has thrown four scoreless innings for the Braves.

Now, if Gausman were to have an Arrieta-like transformation, that would probably disturb me a great deal, not because I don’t wish Gausman success, but for what that would say about our difficulties in properly developing pitchers.    And as for Britton, I hope he personally does well but that the Yankees lose every time he pitches.    If that means he coughs up some runs along the way, fine.    

Small sample size be damned, who'd have though Brad Brach would so far have the most consistency and best "performance" of the guys we traded.  Four scoreless innings so far.  Better so far than Britton has been for the Yankees in roughly the same number of innings.  

o

NATIONALS vs. CUBS (August 10th)

Former Oriole Jeremy Hellickson pitched 5.67 inning of No-Hit ball today ........ but he also walked 4 batters (and ceded 2 runs) in the process.

His team also lost the game by a score of 3-2.

o

On 8/10/2018 at 6:21 PM, OFFNY said:

o

NATIONALS vs. CUBS (August 10th)

Former Oriole Jeremy Hellickson pitched 5.67 inning of No-Hit ball today ........ but he also walked 4 batters (and ceded 2 runs) in the process.

His team also lost the game by a score of 3-2.

o

o

(August 15th)

Hellcikson, who toes the rubber tonight for the struggling Nationals, has very solid raw stats for the 2018 season ........ a 5-2 W-L record, a 3.54 ERA, and a 1.071 WHIP.

The Nationals, for their part, have done a good job in keeping him on a very short leash throughout the season ........ only 2 times in 17 starts has Hellickson gone 6 or more innings.

o