Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

Nice OBP but that slugging is brutal.

Have to wonder if he can maintain his walk rate.

Can he keep fouling off "pitcher's pitches"? :scratchchinhmm:

It is rather amazing that he is maintaining good production. He is not striking out and and slashing away at a 371 babip. 72 points higher than last year. Wee Willie Keeler would be proud.

It is rather amazing that he is maintaining good production. He is not striking out and and slashing away at a 371 babip. 72 points higher than last year. Wee Willie Keeler would be proud.

It's the kind of line I wish were sustainable. I think it would be fun to have more annoyingly pesky hitters as a contrast to the Chris Davises of the world. But Luke Appling hasn't been a viable model since roughly WWII.

Nick finishes May with Zero homeruns. 731 OPS. 104 OPS+ and a near replacement 0.2 rWAR despite a still impressive 385 OBP. fWAR does hold him about a half win better (mostly in defensive value between DRS and UZR) .

I was talking about him to my fiend that is a Braves fan. He has written off the season before it started and is now hoping Nick doesn't hit a HR.

Nick finishes May with Zero homeruns. 731 OPS. 104 OPS+ and a near replacement 0.2 rWAR despite a still impressive 385 OBP. fWAR does hold him about a half win better (mostly in defensive value between DRS and UZR) .
I was talking about him to my fiend that is a Braves fan. He has written off the season before it started and is now hoping Nick doesn't hit a HR.

Is he still batting 3rd?

Is he also your friend? :P But with Nick's "track record" I expect a homer or two this year. :rofl:

Hopefully this will not jinx him, but I believe Nick is only 15 games away from setting a record for consecutive errorless games by an outfielder. The record is 392, held by Darren Lewis, and Nick is now at 378 I think.

The AL record is 336, held by Rich Amaral. Nick was at 327 when he left the Orioles. His last error was on August 10, 2012.

o

(JUNE 4th)

Former Oriole Jake Arrieta tallied his 5th win of the season by pitching 6 innings of 1-run ball against the Nationals.

Arrieta struck out 8, walked 0, and had an excellent strikes-to-balls ratio: O97 Pitches (63 Strikes, 34 Balls.)

For the season, Arrieta is 5-4 with a 3.04 ERA, and a 1.085 WHIP.

In his 11 starts so far, he has gone at least 6 innings 9 out of 11 times, at least 7 innings 5 out of 11 times, and at least 8 innings 1 out of 11 times.

Edited by OFFNY

o

(JUNE 6th)

Former Oriole Jason Hammel threw 8 innings of 2-run ball to beat the Nationals by a score of 4-2.

For the season, Hammel is 5-2 with a 2.76 ERA, and an 0.893 WHIP.

In 75 innings pitched he has walked only 9 (1 intentionally), and struck out 76.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per <a href="https://twitter.com/jphoornstra">@jphoornstra</a>: Former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> LHP Erik Bedard has retired after making 3 starts for Class A Rancho Cucamonga</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">June 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Upvote 1