Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

Following today's CG 1ER 2hitter, Jake Arrieta finishes the first half with

10W 5L 2.66ERA 2.59FIP 2.71xFIP 9.10K/9

How he didn't make the all star team is absolutely beyond me.

Sure this will stoke the fire a little bit. Check out the Cubs entry

Jon Lester might be in Year 1 of a $155 million contract, but Jake Arrieta is the ace of this staff. It?s time to start talking about him like one of the 10 best pitchers in the league ? because that?s what he is.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/mlb-the-30-midseason-stock-report-pittsburgh-pirates/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

o

Jimmy Johnson pitched one shutout inning today in the Braves' 5-3 win over the Marlins.

Johnson threw 18 pitches (13 Strikes, 5 Balls), struck out one batter, and ceded one single.

It was Johnson's 5th consecutive scoreless outing, and his 10th outing in his last 11 of not allowing any earned runs.

In that frame (his last 11 games), Johnson has decreased his ERA from 5.63 to 2.95, and decreased his WHIP from to 1.875 to 1.255.

Johnson started the 2nd half of the season by recording a 3-up, 3-down save on 13 pitches.

It was Johnson's 17th consecutive scoreless outing.

In that frame (his last 17 games), Johnson has decreased his ERA from 3.42 to 2.05, and decreased his WHIP from 1.301 to 1.205.

Nick's OPS has dropped to .726. He is still in search of his first homerun,

In his 20s Nick had an ISO of 0.149, with a peak of 0.185. So far in his 30s it's 0.093 and falling. Power typically peaks in your late 20s/early 30s.

I made a bb-ref query of players with an ISO between .125-175 in their 20s (min 1500 PAs, 1920-present). Then using that query as a starting point I looked up the lowest ISOs in their 30s. Only two players came back as having played enough to get 1500 PAs in their 30s with an ISO under .100: Orlando Cabrera and Darin Erstad. Both just under .100.

That's odd, but there are some similarities if you ignore defense. Nick is the new Darin Erstad.

In his 20s Nick had an ISO of 0.149, with a peak of 0.185. So far in his 30s it's 0.093 and falling. Power typically peaks in your late 20s/early 30s.

I made a bb-ref query of players with an ISO between .125-175 in their 20s (min 1500 PAs, 1920-present). Then using that query as a starting point I looked up the lowest ISOs in their 30s. Only two players came back as having played enough to get 1500 PAs in their 30s with an ISO under .100: Orlando Cabrera and Darin Erstad. Both just under .100.

That's odd, but there are some similarities if you ignore defense. Nick is the new Darin Erstad.

It is pretty fascinating. He's hitting a lot more groundballs this year and spraying them everywhere.

Well, if that's the case, he's made good money and he seems to have the sensibility to enjoy a nice retirement with the money. We'll see if he's willing to become a part-time player like Erstad was in his mid 30s.

Well, if that's the case, he's made good money and he seems to have the sensibility to enjoy a nice retirement with the money. We'll see if he's willing to become a part-time player like Erstad was in his mid 30s.

Was Erstad a part time player or just injury riddled? He played 140

games his next to last year. The year before he basically missed June and July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk