And So it Ends 9/27/2020 Orioles @ Buffalo

weams

53 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Philip, did you see the PBS program the other night with young (30ish) artists performing Schubert compositions? Not my usual fare. I watched because a friend's son and daughter-in-law were among the performers. 

No I didn’t! I’d love to. Is there a link where I could watch it?
Schubert was the greatest melodist who ever lived. If you listen to the first 45 seconds of the great C major symphony(at the proper tempo, of course) you’ll listen to the whole thing. And even if you don’t, listen to the finale, which is so joyful. Or the slow movement of the Bflat Trio, which will make you cry, and I’ll buy you a beer if it doesn’t. And so on... congrats to your children! You must have been very proud!

• Upvote 1

Just now, SteveA said:

Nice play to end the season.

Pitchers and catchers:  February 16

Next Game Thread:  Saturday, February 27 (Braves vs Orioles, Sarasota)

Opening Day:  Thursday, April 1, at Red Sox

Home Opener:  Thursday, April 8 vs Red Sox

All things considered a productive season and looking forward to next year.  

1 minute ago, Philip said:

No I didn’t! I’d love to. Is there a link where I could watch it?
Schubert was the greatest melodist who ever lived. If you listen to the first 45 seconds of the great C major symphony(at the proper tempo, of course) you’ll listen to the whole thing. And even if you don’t, listen to the finale, which is so joyful. Or the slow movement of the Bflat Trio, which will make you cry, and I’ll buy you a beer if it doesn’t. And so on... congrats to your children! You must have been very proud!

I don't think so, but I'll look.  

Not my children, my friend's (since first grade) children. Both Julliard graduates -- a pianist and a singer.

• Upvote 1