David Hess Appreciation Thread

86this

Just now, SteveA said:

The Rays appreciate David Hess enough to sign him to a minor league contract today.

This is something that will happen with increasing frequency as the accumulated pitching talent the O's are developing make their way into MLB

Some will miss here... and will potentially figure it out somewhere else. (Although I have my doubts with Hess)

6 hours ago, owknows said:

This is something that will happen with increasing frequency as the accumulated pitching talent the O's are developing make their way into MLB

Some will miss here... and will potentially figure it out somewhere else. (Although I have my doubts with Hess)

ALA Jake Arrieta

7 hours ago, SteveA said:

The Rays appreciate David Hess enough to sign him to a minor league contract today.

When it’s Tampa, you have to worry that they’ll unlock something we didn’t.   For Hess’s sake I hope they do, but for my sanity I hope they don’t.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NCRaven said:

Tampa needs guys to pitch in AAA too.  Hess had never been the talent that Arrieta was.  I’m not worried.

Hess and Arrieta should never be mentioned in the same sentence unless it to say they were both once drafted, developed and pitched for the Orioles.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Hess and Arrieta should never be mentioned in the same sentence unless it to say they were both once drafted, developed and pitched for the Orioles.

Agreed.   But I would not say it’s impossible that Hess could become a credible major league pitcher.    Not too likely, but stranger things have happened.