Milone Trade Complete

weams

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I wonder if Graffanino is any relation to Tony, the hockey player and the sister, name escapes me, also a hockey player?

Hmm.  I must be confused.  His father was also an infielder for the Braves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Graffanino

He and his wife, Nicole, have two sons, A.J. and Nicholas.[citation needed] A.J. was drafted by the Braves in the eighth round of the 2018 Major League Baseball draft.[5]

45. AJ Graffanino

Position: Shortstop
Current level: High-A
Projected arrival: 2022

After missing nearly all of 2019 with injury, Graffanino really was hoping to make an impression in 2020 on the diamond. His pro debut went very well as he showed well in the field while hitting .318 between Danville and Rome in his draft year. He’ll likely open in high-A or AA in 2021.

And

87. Greg Cullen

Position: Second Base
Current level: Low-A
Projected arrival: 2023

Cullen is that “professional hitter” type that every organization needs, a guy who shows up and plays hard every day, going 100%. Cullen put together very impressive stats at Rome in 2019, but he will need to show an ability to produce at upper levels to show he has a chance to be a quality bench/spot starter type as a big leaguer.

https://videobaseballscout.com/atlanta-braves-top-100-prospects/

• Upvote 1

Honestly, considering we gave up Milone for these guys, I don't have any issues with the deal. A guy that may be a solid organizational hitter for a few years and a guy with a chance of being an utility infielder for something we didn't miss at all...not terrible.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

o

Cullen had 25 Hit-By-Pitches in 568 Plate Appearances in his most recent season (2019) ........ that sounds pretty high.

He also had 71 Walks in those 568 Plate Appearances ........ that combination wound up propelling his OBP (.393) significantly higher than his already very respectable .270 Batting Average.

o