Chris Shaw claimed from Giants

weams

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I don’t really get this move.    I’d rather have a AAAA pitcher than a AAAA 1B/DH/LF, given the makeup of this team.    Or, I’d rather have Nunez.   

If you view Shaw as a known quantity, then it doesn’t make sense. If you view him as a guy with a potential that you want take give a shot to unlock, then it makes perfect sense.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I don’t really get this move.    I’d rather have a AAAA pitcher than a AAAA 1B/DH/LF, given the makeup of this team.    Or, I’d rather have Nunez.   

Cheaper than Nunez and lefty. That said I would be surprised if he makes our Opening Day roster. A little surprised to lose Eshelman but I'm not broken up about it.

• Upvote 1

It's a poor man's Brandon Belt fantasy come to life!

I do confess the tiniest shred of interest in what left-handed sluggers first weeks outside AT&T as their home field look like, but he and Renato trading spots are just another mid-rebuild expression of what the churn of replacement level players looks like in real life.

• Upvote 1