Did the O's just sign their backup catcher of the future?

wildcard

6 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Hey, it's legitimate to ask questions.  The OP wasn't declaring him the Orioles' backup catcher of the future, just asking.  Like you can ask if perhaps the sun won't come up tomorrow?  Or if today is the day I learn to levitate things with my mind?  Or if people will be colonizing Neptune in a couple years?  Will Luxembourg invade Russia on Saturday? They're all just questions, stimulating discussions and the exchange of ideas.

Lol, this is different. This guy actually has a chance to be the backup catcher of the future. The question is whether that is actually a thing to be excited about. It's more along the lines of discovering a third favorite brand of mustard, or a new brand of disposable razor for your travel bag. Sure, these things improve your life incrementally but they're not really anything to get excited about. 

13 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Lol, this is different. This guy actually has a chance to be the backup catcher of the future. The question is whether that is actually a thing to be excited about. It's more along the lines of discovering a third favorite brand of mustard, or a new brand of disposable razor for your travel bag. Sure, these things improve your life incrementally but they're not really anything to get excited about. 

Its 2022.  O's are in the pennant race. Camden Yards. Bottom of the ninth, 2 out.  Score tied. Rays have a man on first with speed.  He is going to run.  Ciuffo is catching.  He goes............ Ciuffo throws a laser strike to 2nd.  He is out.    The crowd of 40,000 goes wild.  O's are back in the dugout.  I am excited.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Its 2022.  O's are in the pennant race. Camden Yards. Bottom of the ninth, 2 out.  Score tied. Rays have a man on first with speed.  He is going to run.  Ciuffo is catching.  He goes............ Ciuffo throws a laser strike to 2nd.  He is out.    The crowd of 40,000 goes wild.  O's are back in the dugout.  I am excited.

Why isn't Adley in the game?  Is he hurt?

22 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Lol, is Rutschman done ofr the year with TJ? Sure, Ciuffo may be the next man up but it would be hard for me to be excited. 

33 minutes ago, wildcard said:

It's 2022...the Orioles are only participating in a pennant race because TB needs the win to stave off the Yankees for the night.

Severino Will be gone because he’s traded or too expensive, Sisco will be gone because he’s terrible.

I echo the guys who want the back up catcher to be outstanding on defense. Let the other guys hit.

That’s what Belanger did and it worked out fine.

I don’t know who that back up will be, but I don’t see any reason it can’t be this guy.

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Severino Will be gone because he’s traded or too expensive, Sisco will be gone because he’s terrible.

I echo the guys who want the back up catcher to be outstanding on defense. Let the other guys hit.

That’s what Belanger did and it worked out fine.

I don’t know who that back up will be, but I don’t see any reason it can’t be this guy.

Belanger was the backup catcher?

• Upvote 1