Thorne, Bordick, Dempsey and Tom Davis amongst those let go

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Says Thorne had not heard from the Orioles since his contract was renewed last August until last week when he was told he would not be returning. 

I just don’t get that at all. Is that how you treat people?

On 1/23/2021 at 8:01 PM, BradyBunch said:

Not really. Think about it. Gary Thorne didn't come to terms until August last year. So he missed basically 1st half of O's season. On top of that it was a 1 year contract. He wasn't fired, he just wasn't resigned. Just like any other FA.

Yeah, that's all fine and good as that's business. With that being said, that doesn't mean I can't be upset that O's are letting go my favorite broadcaster. Which is why I thought it was cruel and stone cold. Many come and go and one day I'll get used to their voices as well but I'll miss my guy G-Thorne.

51 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Says Thorne had not heard from the Orioles since his contract was renewed last August until last week when he was told he would not be returning. 

No, it’s not how I treat people.  :)

It is however how the Orioles treat people.  

1 hour ago, AnythingO's said:

I doubt Elias plays any role in these hirings so is this on John A.?

Yea, this has zero to do with Elias.

It’s overall just a disrespect on how this organization does things.

But we are run by lawyers and not businessman so it’s not surprising.  

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

No, it’s how they treat people.   Hopefully Elias had nothing to do with it.   

27 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

$. MASN, the orioles and major league baseball as a whole have had negative cash flows this past year, and it doesn't look like that will be improving this year. 

I think these changes were planned before COVID ever happened.    They hired the new broadcasters in February 2020 and announced then that Hunter wouldn’t be broadcasting games.   At that point, the handwriting was on the wall.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think these changes were planned before COVID ever happened.    They hired the new broadcasters in February 2020 and announced then that Hunter wouldn’t be broadcasting games.   At that point, the handwriting was on the wall.

Makes sense unfortunately. Gary I wish they kept. That guy was a highlight of my teenage years and I'll miss him narrating my summer nights.