They asked Mancini and Santander to defer money

eddie83

43 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

This would raise more questions about the finances of the Angelos's.  Is there situation that bad that they need to make a minimum profit for the O's every year.  This makes me hope for a sale sooner rather than later.

The thing that concerns me is multiple things can be true at the same time. They can be running the baseball ops properly and be cheap as well. 

I don’t want Elias leaving because a new owner is taking over. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So does all my speculation about them cost cutting still seem unlikely?

It was obvious they were cost cutting with the trades and non tenders, but this is taking it to another level.  They should sell the team and get that huge sum of money instead of extreme penny pinching like this. It just looks bad all around. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jabba72 said:

It was obvious they were cost cutting with the trades and non tenders, but this is taking it to another level.  They should sell the team and get that huge sum of money instead of extreme penny pinching like this. It just looks bad all around. 

They let coaches go to save money.

I'd never heard of that before.

This is why Davis is still here.  They have to pay him anyway but if they cut him they have to pay his roster replacement too.  Sell the damn team already.  The farm is improving, the players are cheap, MASN is a mess, and who knows what's up with the stadium lease.  Let's move on already.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The thing that concerns me is multiple things can be true at the same time. They can be running the baseball ops properly and be cheap as well. 

I don’t want Elias leaving because a new owner is taking over. 

I have to think if he gets an offer from any other team at this point Elias is gone. 

Not so sure my decision to open up the Hangout today was such a good idea.  This is just incredibly surprising news.   I am more than a little concerned, but I am just not sure what I am concerned about.  Wish someone form the Orioles would come out and talk openly and candidly about what is going with this organization but I know that’s not happening. 

Maybe the reason is more business minded then dire.

These are one year deals.

The team knows revenue at the Yard will be down and the product they are putting own on a major league level will be low quality.

So for this year they defer until revenues rebound.  

The Davis deal is the 'big lump" that many other rebuilding franchises didn't have to carry- to this amount.

I am hopeful this is more business minded creative thinking then a sign things are so rough.