Konner Wade signed to minor league contract

wildcard

5 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

We are loading up the pitching staff. He's never been to the big huh?

No, but when the 5th starter is a competition between Jorge Lopez, Tom Eshelman, Ashton Goudeau  and  Bruce Zimmerman this guy has a chance if they want to bring him to camp.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

No, but when the 5th starter is a competition between Jorge Lopez, Tom Eshelman, Ashton Goudeau  and  Bruce Zimmerman this guy has a chance if they want to bring him to camp.

He looks like minor league depth to me.   

To me, this is a guy to fill out the AAA or AA rotation and eat some innings as they ramp up some of the prospects after a season of no real minor leagues.

I don't mind the signing as it's a minor league deal, but doubt we see him this season for anything but a few innings here or there if the pen is overworked and a fresh arm is needed (provided such transactions are allowed in the pandemic protocols.

I think we see a rotation of: Means, Hernandez, Kremer, Akin and LeBlanc to start the year (though I would love for Zimmerman or Lopez or someone else to beat out LeBlanc and I expect we see Lowther, Baumann and company push out the veterans after a couple months unless the youngsters are struggling or the vets are pitching very well (at which case they'll be traded in July).

50 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He looks like minor league depth to me.   

Looks like he fits right in the competition to me.

Lopez  6.03 career ERA in the majors

Eshelman 6.27 ERA as a MLB starter

Goudeau  Has hardly pitchers above AA and when he did his ERA in over 7.00,  The reason he was claimed was a 2.07 ERA in AA in 2019

Zimmerman   4.89 in 7 starts at AAA:  IMO could use some time at AAA like  Baumann, Lowther and Wells.

LeBlanc   8.35 ERA as a starter in 2019:  8.06 ERA  has  a starter in 2020

Wade    2.64 ERA in 2019 at AA in 13 starts

I hope Elias keeps adding to the competition.

• Upvote 2