Heyman: Yankees will pursue Teixeira hard...as we all expected, I suppose

DrLev

...in addition to CC Sabathia, Derek Lowe and AJ Burnett. They'll also try to get Manny Ramirez and Jake Peavy. And they fully intend to sign at least two of those pitchers and Teixeira.

LINK

I suppose we could have assumed the Yankees would decide to drive hard for several players we'd love to covet. I just can't help but think we're going to see at least a few of these guys in pinstripes next season, including Teixeira.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to hijack the thread, but stuff like this has to say something to TPTB of MLB about the payroll discrepancies.

"Yankees will pursue Teixeira hard...as we all expected, I suppose

...in addition to CC Sabathia, Derek Lowe and AJ Burnett. They'll also try to get Manny Ramirez, Jake Peavy and And they fully intend to sign at least two of those pitchers and Teixeira."

It's not saying that they want to add pitching and a bat and those are some names they are looking at, it's saying they want to and expect to get all of those players. That's ridiculous, there needs to be some restraints put in place.

I saw nothing in the article saying that they expect to get Tex. Only that they will pursue him. Heyman also acknowledges that the O's and Angels will pursue Tex. It should be no surprise that we will not be the only suiters for Tex. May the highest bidder win!

...in addition to CC Sabathia, Derek Lowe and AJ Burnett. They'll also try to get Manny Ramirez and Jake Peavy. And they fully intend to sign at least two of those pitchers and Teixeira.

LINK

I suppose we could have assumed the Yankees would decide to drive hard for several players we'd love to covet. I just can't help but think we're going to see at least a few of these guys in pinstripes next season, including Teixeira.

I like it. Only way we'll ever wake up is to keep getting our heads bashed in. I hope they sign all of them, win 150 games. I hope we win the head-to-head with them though. :D As WC said, tune in around 2012.

May the highest bidder win!

Given that the Yankee$ are likely to be the highest bidder for every free agent they target, you may want to revise that sentiment.

If the Yankee$ rampage through this year's FA class like a hot knife through butter, the other 29 teams had better seriously revisit revenue sharing and the luxury tax in the next CBA!

Given that the Yankee$ are likely to be the highest bidder for every free agent they target, you may want to revise that sentiment.

If the Yankee$ rampage through this year's FA class like a hot knife through butter, the other 29 teams had better seriously revisit revenue sharing and the luxury tax in the next CBA!

They're going to make a BIG splash with the opening of their new stadium so I think you can remove the doubt here.

I saw nothing in the article saying that they expect to get Tex. Only that they will pursue him. Heyman also acknowledges that the O's and Angels will pursue Tex. It should be no surprise that we will not be the only suiters for Tex. May the highest bidder win!

Yea...It seems to me all Heyman did was go over the list of FAs, pick the biggest names and say the Yankees will go after them.

Good reporting there! :rolleyes:

Heyman is a joke and I'm not worried about the Yankees because Angelos will have MacPhail match or outbid them.

There is no way he will let Tex go to the Yankees. The Yankees won't go north of 25 million per season for Tex IMO and we can match that.

LINK

I can not say I am surprised, although Heyman is prone to embelishing rumors. The Yanks have a hole at first base, payroll cleared from Giambi, Pavano, Petite, Mussina etc. so I always thought they would be the team to beat for Tex and CC. They have a brand new stadium that they are charging just short of the National debt to sit in, so yeah they will be very active. As long as the player union runs baseball and it does, nothing will ever be done about the inequities of payrolls. I think if you consider the ego of the Yankee brass (Hank) and the greed of Scott (get every last $) Boras, and the fact that they played as many playoff games this year as the Orioles, common sense tells you they are going to get 2 or 3 big time FA.

I do not think we should throw our hands in the air and give up on Tex, but we need to be flexible and pro-active and get moving on what we really need. Pitching!!!!!! Make a solid offer for Tex and make it quickly say 7 year 155 million. To me that is very fair, and very serious. When the greed agent Boras turns it down, remove it from the table and move on. Take that money and sign starting pitchers.

Yea...It seems to me all Heyman did was go over the list of FAs, pick the biggest names and say the Yankees will go after them.

Good reporting there! :rolleyes:

According to the article, these are the specific names the Yankees themselves came out with after their organizational meetings.

Just the fact that they'd roll out this list says something.

Heyman is a joke and I'm not worried about the Yankees because Angelos will have MacPhail match or outbid them.

There is no way he will let Tex go to the Yankees. The Yankees won't go north of 25 million per season for Tex IMO and we can match that.

I wish I had your confidence that PA will allow AM to go that far. I do not even have the confidence that AM will ask to go that far. I mentioned in an earlier post that I thought the offer should be 7/155 and I have serious doubts PA would do that. We can not get hanmstrung waiting around for Boras to max out a deal. Waiting until late this year or early next for Boras and Tex will condemn us to another 70 win season.

According to the article, these are the specific names the Yankees themselves came out with after their organizational meetings.

Just the fact that they'd roll out this list says something.

Not really they do the same every year. What names on the list surprised you. The Yankees and NY in general, think that every major FA should be on their radar. You and I could have put together their shopping list in 5 minutes back in August.

I wish I had your confidence that PA will allow AM to go that far. I do not even have the confidence that AM will ask to go that far. I mentioned in an earlier post that I thought the offer should be 7/155 and I have serious doubts PA would do that. We can not get hanmstrung waiting around for Boras to max out a deal. Waiting until late this year or early next for Boras and Tex will condemn us to another 70 win season.

Angelos will not allow Teixeira to become a Yankee without offering the most $. Tex will have to turn down more $ from the Orioles to become a Yankee.

If it happens, I will change my sig to "I Love Kevin Millar" for a whole year. :)

In otherwords, not gonna happen.

The Orioles already have Plan B with Aubrey Huff at 1B so they can afford to wait Tex out if need be.

Archived