Orioles considering Franco?

Sports Guy

57 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Wow, Franco must be a terrible defensive player - since Schoop was very much lacking in range with the O's - though was great at hanging in on DP's and strong-armed.  

The fielding metric that feeds into rWAR is Rdrs.   Schoop is +41 in his career, Franco is -36.   Schoop fares better on various other components as well.   

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Get your popcorn ? ready Franco due to make a decision in the next day. I can hardly contain my excitement. ?

Oh man!  Are we going to put a WOW offer on the table?  Has Franco been seen anywhere near the Ravens training facility?  No NFL games right now so I'm assuming they're wining and dining him as best as they can.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oh man!  Are we going to put a WOW offer on the table?  Has Franco been seen anywhere near the Ravens training facility?  No NFL games right now so I'm assuming they're wining and dining him as best as they can.

Check for social media posts from Jimmy's Seafood, it's the only way to know for sure if it's a done deal. 

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't have guessed two GOOD teams as the others named.

Between Freddy Galvis and Maikel Franco, Galvis is the one with years of experience where being a role player on a better team seems like it would have more appeal.

I think the Orioles probably have a nice edge with our 600 PA to parcel out on giving him an avenue to maximize 2021-2022 earnings even if we're offering $1M and the others $2.5M.    Still rooting for this to happen with a '22 option as I don't see a better bet yet and hope for all chips on SS/P next winter.

The league is collectively rolling its eyes at a good 60 games - show them 150 here Maikel!!   100 RBI's!!!!   I understand if you're salty the "Win Now" Royals scooped Michael Taylor and shoved Hunter Dozier back up the defensive spectrum to not keep you.

• Upvote 1