Looks like Hunter Harvey left game after one pitch

wildcard

11 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

Fry should not make the team either. 

Hyde said he is not worried about Fry.   Hyde puts more weight on what his pitchers did last season than what they do in ST.  So Valdez, Scott, Armstrong, Fry, Lakins, and Tate should all make the OD roster barring injury.

30 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If it's not one thing it's another with this guy.

Unbelievable.  And yet totally believable.

When I first clicked on this thread today, I thought it was going to be "Harvey felt something pop in his shoulder". I breathed a sigh of relief finding out Harvey won't have to consult with Dr. James Andrews (this time). 

19 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I feel bad for the young man. He just has been very injury prone. Unfortunate for the Orioles and him, but it does open up a spot for someone else for opening day.

This could allow Wells to stick around for opening day.

I gotta say I like that the Os cut Phillips today even with the Harvey injury. We've seen enough.

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

I gotta say I like that the Os cut Phillips today even with the Harvey injury. We've seen enough.

Yes, I was never a Phillips guy. He just will never have the command to be consistent enough to be a good major league pitcher. He'll always show flashes, but in the end, there's a reason his results have been sub par at the major league level. 

I'd like to see the Orioles give Harvey's spot to Wells and see how he looks over the first month of  the season. If good, then they can make another move when Harvey is ready to return.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I feel bad for the young man. He just has been very injury prone. Unfortunate for the Orioles and him, but it does open up a spot for someone else for opening day.

This could allow Wells to stick around for opening day.

I keep forgetting there is someone other than “Alexander Wells” on the 40. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Why?  Because of a few ST innings?

It’s so worthless to look at ST stats and make a determination if a player should or shouldn’t make the team.

@Pushmonkey has been ill lately ?and also is a resident of @wildcardworld - an alternate reality where SSS rules and successful dumpster diving is a needed commodity.  I kid, I kid!!!

• Haha 1

Watch out for the Luis Garcia tsunami!   I feel like between the Aussie thing and the 6'8" thing the seeds of a sitcom are there.

Kind of a bummer Baumann optioned without an inning.

Bruce Zimmermann v. Matt Harvey may be as hot as a storyline gets.

If Franco unseats Ruiz, could Ruiz push Stewart for DH?