The Catching Situation

Legend_Of_Joey

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Passed ball, wild throw to second.  Severino didn't exactly set a high bar.

And Severino took a beating behind the plate in both games getting hit by foul tips. 

But he is leading the team in hits, tied with Mullins. Just like we all predicted. ?

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Apparently, y’all have become much more serious here than I remember. Sisco doesn’t exactly thrill me.

You saw the post in which I was predicting his only contribution on offensive will be by HBP?  Does that seem overly serious to you?

I just like taking shots at Severino's defense, because I think it is more lack of effort than lack of ability.

On 3/29/2021 at 11:18 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

Just once I'd like to read/hear someone say that they only use Total Zone or UZR or Statcast data as the sole, indisputable measure of a player's skills.  Just once.  Because I've never heard anyone say that, but at least once a day I see someone make a point of saying they don't do that.

Not sure I understand your point. Like dWAR, I doubt that any GM uses "Total Zone or UZR or Statcast data as the sole, indisputable measure of a player's skills."

But there are plenty of fans who find WAR or dWAR to be discussion ending, with no nuance accepted. In other words, many use WAR or dWAR as "the sole, indisputable measure of a player's skills." That's not only dull and unintellectual, but foolish.

3 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Not sure I understand your point. Like dWAR, I doubt that any GM uses "Total Zone or UZR or Statcast data as the sole, indisputable measure of a player's skills."

But there are plenty of fans who find WAR or dWAR to be discussion ending, with no nuance accepted. In other words, many use WAR or dWAR as "the sole, indisputable measure of a player's skills." That's not only dull and unintellectual, but foolish.

What’s worse is watching occasional games and extrapolating off the impressions one gets from those games.    Or getting an initial impression and never moving off it no matter what happens after that.    

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

You saw the post in which I was predicting his only contribution on offensive will be by HBP?  Does that seem overly serious to you?

I just like taking shots at Severino's defense, because I think it is more lack of effort than lack of ability.

I think some thought my first post was serious.