Mountcastle scratched from lineup.

timsulin

19 hours ago, eddie83 said:

I thought I saw him grab the back of his quad after a steal attempt on hit and run the other day. 

He stayed in the game so I never bothered to mention it. 

He may have been dusting dirt off his leg as well... 

I remember seeing this too. It looked like later in the game you could see a tear in his pants where we was grabbing. I assumed that was why he grabbed there.

15 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

While we are blindly speculating, I am going with recovery from Covid vaccine.

Seems to be knocking some people on their butt for a day.

Good guess.  I've been wondering if MLB players were getting access to vaccination.  But even if MLB is not providing it, I am sure some players are getting themselves signed up and I can for one attest to the next day knock down.  I was at work in the morning exactly 24 hours after my second shot and quickly started to feel like a truck hit me.  I also quickly went home.   Completely better the next day. 

7 minutes ago, murph said:

Good guess.  I've been wondering if MLB players were getting access to vaccination.  But even if MLB is not providing it, I am sure some players are getting themselves signed up and I can for one attest to the next day knock down.  I was at work in the morning exactly 24 hours after my second shot and quickly started to feel like a truck hit me.  I also quickly went home.   Completely better the next day. 

It also can cause soreness up and down the side of your shot. That could be a non-physical "injury".

8 minutes ago, murph said:

I forget which team but one of them has publicly stated that their players would be getting the vaccine in April.

36 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It also can cause soreness up and down the side of your shot. That could be a non-physical "injury".

My 85 year-old dad recently got both shots.  He said he didn't feel a thing and had no effects afterward.  I had to ask him if they really put a needle in his arm or if they just touched is arm and said "you're good to go".

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

My 85 year-old dad recently got both shots.  He said he didn't feel a thing and had no effects afterward.  I had to ask him if they really put a needle in his arm or if they just touched is arm and said "you're good to go".

Yes, these shots seem to affect people differently just like COVID. My wife and son both ended up with fevers and major soreness for two days after the second shot. It's inconsistent, but it certainly could be the reason for Mountcastle to have a "Non-physical injury". 

11 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Fwiw, my 88 year old Mom and 89 year old Dad (not competing) got their 2nd shots a month ago - no problems.  Gotta figure out what do do for their up-coming 70th anniversary. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yossarian said:

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

Fwiw, my 88 year old Mom and 89 year old Dad (not competing) got their 2nd shots a month ago - no problems.  Gotta figure out what do do for their up-coming 70th anniversary. 

As you get older your immune system slows a bit, so the older crowd tend to have fewer symptoms.  The reason people have a bigger reaction on the 2nd shot is there body "learns" to defend itself, so the second instance is tougher, but tends to happen more fiercely with stronger immune systems (aka younger crowd).

I have had similar issues with poison oak and have basically been told I don't want to get it again (like I was trying the first 2 times....).