Santander out of the Lineup for a Third Straight Day?

Yardball85

No indication as to why, per Meoli.  As a Santander fan, I hope they aren't working on a trade and keeping him out of the lineup.  I also hope he isn't dealing with an injury, but this is usually the time when a team tries to play its regulars and ramp up at bats, etc.

13 minutes ago, Philip said:

If he were in trade talks, wouldn’t that be happening more quickly than over four days? Could it be that they still want to try… Well, I got nothin’...

Yeah, that's the thing, I don't know.  Maybe it's just a little nagging injury and they are keeping him out as a precaution.  That's my hope. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Yeah, that's the thing, I don't know.  Maybe it's just a little nagging injury and they are keeping him out as a precaution.  That's my hope. 

But wouldn't they have said something by now if it was an injury?  Seems like something's up here.  Or... the O's management just doesn't care enough to keep the remaining fans updated.  

6 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

But wouldn't they have said something by now if it was an injury?  Seems like something's up here.  Or... the O's management just doesn't care enough to keep the remaining fans updated.  

Also it's coinciding with the Jimenez injury which I know is discussed in another threat. 

10 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

They're only going to say something about a small injury if the press asks, which I don't think they have yet. If it was something serious, they might have said something already, so maybe that's good. I think the best we're going to get is "he's a little sore so we're being careful". They're not going to say "we're trading him". And I doubt they are trading him right now. 

Hmmmm

Occam’s Razor says he’s injured and they’re not saying why for some reason.

Slightly less likely is the possibility that there are heated trade discussions going on, and he’s been pulled from meaningless games to save the possibility of injury.

A distant possibility is some kind of family issue, But that is unlikely because they would probably say so while stressing the need for privacy.

So.

Trade. To Cleveland.

You heard it here first, folks!

8 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I hope he's working out at 3B on the back fields. Makes the team better if he can handle it defensively.

Actually, I think that’s a pretty far-fetched possibility, but it’s not illogical, I think that would be a pretty good solution to a lot of problemsActually, I think that’s a pretty far-fetched possibility, but it’s not illogical, I think that would be a pretty good solution to a lot of problems