Gunnar Henderson 2021

Just Regular

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Well, we’ve established that Gunnar has power the opposite way.   All three of his homers have been in that direction.  

Judging from the Rutschman thread, we should expect to see concerns about Gunnar’s bat speed pop up anytime now.

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

Too early to call for him going to Aberdeen?  :) 

I'd give him about 100 PAs and see where he's at before moving him.

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

He's definitely crushing the Low A pitching. 

It's been six games and although I'm happy with the way he's swinging the bat, I'd like to see it for a bit more since the 10Ks in 28 PAs is still pretty high.

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

No...based on how he has looked over the last year, camp or not, I don’t think he should have been in Delmarva anyway.

I was wondering about that - it seemed odd to me to start him in Delmarva with all the positive comments about him, but I wasn't going to say anything because he's still a teenager, and it's good for him to have success now.

2 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I was wondering about that - it seemed odd to me to start him in Delmarva with all the positive comments about him, but I wasn't going to say anything because he's still a teenager, and it's good for him to have success now.

This is a game in which you have literal teenagers playing in the majors and you want to use age as an excuse for Gunnar starting in Delmarva?

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

This is a game in which you have literal teenagers playing in the majors and you want to use age as an excuse for Gunnar starting in Delmarva?

I don't want to, but I'm trying to deal with the situation.  The O's deliberate promotions of players drives me nuts - especially when I see more successful teams be much more aggressive.  I've complained about this many times in the past and have not exactly gotten a lot of support from other posters.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I don't want to, but I'm trying to deal with the situation.  The O's deliberate promotions of players drives me nuts - especially when I see more successful teams be much more aggressive.  I've complained about this many times in the past and have not exactly gotten a lot of support from other posters.  

The board in general is very pro-Elias at the present time.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Let’s see how long he stays there if he performs well.    Given the lack of a MiL season last year, I’m fine with conservative initial placements, so long as the team is a bit quicker than usual to reward those who are excelling with promotions.  

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Let’s see how long he stays there if he performs well.    Given the lack of a MiL season last year, I’m fine with conservative initial placements, so long as the team is a bit quicker than usual to reward those who are excelling with promotions.  

A bit quicker, so a week before the minor league season ends instead of waiting until the following year?

I've not seen much in the way of Elias promoting guys who are excelling.