Dean Kremer 2021

Il BuonO

2 hours ago, bpilktree said:

The stats at the levels and ages disagree with this throughout the minors and limited innings in the majors.  The Cubs version of Jake had better stuff but not the Orioles version.  

Arrieta had great stuff that he could not control when with the O's.

Kremer has nowhere near the pure stuff Arrieta had. Arrieta was throwing 97 with an insane curveball. Kremer is also a fastball/curve guy but he's more like Tillman than Arrieta, except without Tillman's excellent change. 

He has to figure something out with his command. It's the kind of thing you really hope a guy like Holt can help with. We're talking about the same old Oriole pitching development problems here. Figure these guys out. 

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Same old.

Right, but I was asking earlier why now? Seems I would have read about it here if he was lighting it up at Norfolk.

I figured, at this point why not let him start fresh next year and see if he made any adjustments in the off season. 

Looks exactly like he did when he was sent down.

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

Right, but I was asking earlier why now? Seems I would have read about it here if he was lighting it up at Norfolk.

I figured, at this point why not let him start fresh next year and see if he made any adjustments in the off season. 

Looks exactly like he did when he was sent down.

I'm fine with him getting starts.  Maybe he can turn the corner, probably not.  He'll help us get the #1 pick next year.

I'm not fine with him getting a rotation spot next year unless he has an amazing spring training.  We should have better options than him, hopefully.

Just now, O's84 said:

Nailed it. 

Note: And I have no idea why it's displaying my user name as O's84.

It does that when I'm replying to one of your posts before I hit Submit Reply.  But it displays just fine elsewhere.

• Thanks 1