April 13: Doubleheader Game 2 vs Mariners

SteveA

3 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I liked the decision they were at bottom of the order and Valdez hasn’t been good so why not see if he can keep pitching well.  

Huh?

He allowed his first earned run of the year in his last outing which was on Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Pluto: "I came here to chew bubblegum and give up leads, but I'm all out of bubblegum"

He was pushed by his manager for some unknown reason. He did his job and should have been on the bench cheering on Valdez's save. Hyde jacked this up.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

You think Garceau knows how to use The Twitter?

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Looks like his old radio show on 105.7 had a Twitter page that hasn't tweeted since he left the radio station last year. 

I believe he's moved on from Twitter and is now exclusively on TikTok. He's a pretty decent dancer

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

He was pushed by his manager for some unknown reason. He did his job and should have been on the bench cheering on Valdez's save. Hyde jacked this up.

I'm nearing my end with Hyde.  Also, this team is really bad.  Ugh.

• Upvote 1

I agree. I simply don't understand the reasoning behind this decision.

Yeah, I don't get why Plutko was kept out there for the 7th inning. It seemed like everyone recognized this was going to blowup in the Orioles' face except Hyde. 

Just now, Ripken said:

I really want to see him succeed. But I think we've known all along he's really just a seat warmer for when the team is closer to competing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ripken said:

I've been on Hyde's side since he got here, but I will admit there are some things I'm starting to see that concern me. He really seems to have a poor feel for pinch hitting, his lineup decisions can sometimes be a bit head scratching, and his bullpen management can be questionable.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yeah, I don't get why Plutko was kept out there for the 7th inning. It seemed like everyone recognized this was going to blowup in the Orioles' face except Hyde. 

Maybe he forgot it wasn't a 9 inning game.