Grayson Rodriguez 2021

LTO's

I'm not sure how I like how he drags his arm across his body at the end of his follow through.  That looks like it puts a lot of strain on the side of the shoulder.

But whatever, I'm not going to nitpick the dude's mechanics.  If we didn't learn anything from Arrieta, we didn't learn anything.  Let that guy do what makes him successful.

• Upvote 2

Another week or two and we'll get to see if Grayson will follow the Adley Aberdeen publicity path, or if his getting to know Bowie last summer plus these camp game performances earn himself the double bump to Bowie.

His starting level and how Gunnar/Westburg get placed are interesting calls - I think Adley Bowie has already been spoken by team officials.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LTO's said:

101. Hall touching 99 from the left side isn't too shabby either. 

I saw that as well. Pretty crazy of Rodriguez is touching 101 in a start. He's going to another level of [prospect status if he starts pitching in the upper 90s.

He has completed the Tuesday/Sunday sequence, and has a rematch with Jackson Rutledge, a National they have a few million in too for early MASN minors bragging rights.  1-1 game after 2 innings.

Elias on telecast in 3rd inning smoothly hyped DL Hall starting Baysox home opener Tuesday as his Sunday turn in Altoona got washed out.

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not the best day.    Only allowed one run in 3.1 IP thanks to a good relief job, and he did strike out 7.  But, allowed 7 baserunners — 4 hits, 2 walks and one HBP.

67 pitches in 3.1 IP.  He was not sharp.