Grayson Rodriguez 2021

LTO's

Grayson Rodriguez’s past 4 starts:

5 IP, 5 H, 3 R (1 ER), 3 K, 0 BB, 1 HR

5 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 6 K, 0 BB, 2 HR

5 IP, 2 H, 1 R (0 ER), 1 BB, 12 K

1.2 IP, 3 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, 1 HR

Outside of that one outstanding start, he hasn’t been that great lately. His overall numbers are good at Bowie and I wouldn’t necessarily have an issue with promoting him, but I also wouldn’t mind him spending another few weeks there.

1 hour ago, DoobyDoo said:

Grayson Rodriguez’s past 4 starts:

5 IP, 5 H, 3 R (1 ER), 3 K, 0 BB, 1 HR

5 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 6 K, 0 BB, 2 HR

5 IP, 2 H, 1 R (0 ER), 1 BB, 12 K

1.2 IP, 3 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, 1 HR

Outside of that one outstanding start, he hasn’t been that great lately. His overall numbers are good at Bowie and I wouldn’t necessarily have an issue with promoting him, but I also wouldn’t mind him spending another few weeks there.

Ummm……outside of the stamp-sized strike zone outing, he’s gone 15IP, 10H, 4ER, 1BB, 21K in those previous 3 starts.  How do you consider this “not that great”?  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, WarehouseChatter said:

Ummm……outside of the stamp-sized strike zone outing, he’s gone 15IP, 10H, 4ER, 1BB, 21K in those previous 3 starts.  How do you consider this “not that great”?  

Do you consider his two 5 IP 3 runs allowed games great? I’d say the first one was decent and the second one was mediocre considering that he allowed 2 HR. You’re taking out the terrible start he made yesterday. That still happened regardless of whatever strikezone he was dealing with. He definitely had one outstanding start in those 4 starts, but I’m not seeing anything necessarily great in those 3 other starts.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gentile4 said:

Same here; that's why I came to OH. Knew someone would have some insight. Breathing a sigh of relief.

Same as well here!  It’s O’s fan’s history and expirations that something will go wrong.  

Murphy’s law or something…..?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The Ian Happ comments are misguided as teams have their own non public defensive metrics. Re Cowser — where have you noticed any reluctance to dive?  There was play the other day (IIRC vs TBR or TBJ?) where he dove and laid out for a ball at LF line that he just missed getting to which would have ended the game.  
    • That's nice but it's a "straw man"argument if I ever saw one.  I'd wager Pete Gray would grade as elite on OAA/DRS but the fact was he only had one arm..... There is no measure other than the "eye test" for accuracy and frankly IMO he's been poor.  He has a strong arm but his last two throws to the plate from short LF and CF (I think) missed by 30 feet on either side of the plate!!  Getting to the ball is important but if you can't hit a cut-his throws tend to sail-how many times have we seen Mateo/Gunnar have to reach for throws then reset....  We saw the other night against Toronto guys are going to run (even slow, chubby ones) against Cowser until he shows enough accuracy to shut them down-and until he does he will continue to give up advances at a rate that erodes the benefit of his coverage skills.   IMO the critical components of an "elite" or plus OF are anticipation, coverage, arm strength, and accuracy.  He's plus on three and hopefully the accuracy will improve as the game slows for him.   
    • Had to check to see if this was the Bradish thread for a sec. 
    • I would not say that Cowser is 8th in fWAR because AL outfielders are bad this year.  He’s at 1.9 fWAR, which projects to 4.4 fWAR for the whole season.  Last year, Austin Hays was 8th at 2.5 fWAR. I do think that (1) fWAR overrates Cowser’s season to date, and (2) his numbers are largely based on the first month of the season.  To the latter point, Cowser was worth 1.4 fWAR after 27 games, 1.7 after 54.   
    • And just like that, Taters OPS is back over .800
  • Popular Contributors