Santander out. Time for Diaz?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

Moose Milligan

He is on the taxi squad.  My guess is no.  We just have such a glut of OFers right now.  

McKenna makes sense because he doesn’t have to play.  You want Diaz playing everyday. 

Give this another 4-6 weeks to shake out.  Mullins is slumping and Hays is about to get hurt again.  So, we will see where it goes from there.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He is on the taxi squad.  My guess is no.  We just have such a glut of OFers right now.  

McKenna makes sense because he doesn’t have to play.  You want Diaz playing everyday. 

Give this another 4-6 weeks to shake out.  Mullins is slumping and Hays is about to get hurt again.  So, we will see where it goes from there.

What else does the crystal ball say? 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

McKenna has proved useful as a pinch runner and defensive replacement.   He actually got into 11 of the 13 games for which he was active prior to today.    Of course, you need runners on base to use a pinch runner, and you don’t use defensive replacements when you’re losing, so that ruled him out today.   

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

McKenna has proved useful as a pinch runner and defensive replacement.   He actually got into 11 of the 13 games for which he was active prior to today.    Of course, you need runners on base to use a pinch runner, and you don’t use defensive replacements when you’re losing, so that ruled him out today.   

Right...that roll is fine for him.  He doesn’t have to get everyday at bats.  Him sitting and not playing for a week doesn’t matter.

But Diaz, who has a higher upside and is more likely to be a main piece of the future, should play everyday.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Santander is out, surprise surprise.  Two to four weeks.  I'd lean closer to four weeks.

Are we going to finally see Diaz?!?!?!?!??!?!?!  I don't know what they're thinking with McKenna but obviously Diaz should be up.  

One would think this would be the time for Diaz.  Especially over McKenna.