We have a bunch of 4 inning starters

Frobby

6 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

I remember a Sig interview after his dugout year where he talked about learning how to have sensitive conversations with players, and my guess would be some of it was about deployment norms.

Yesterday, the Bruce Zimmermann guy can try the 5th and its small beer, but it will be interesting next year and beyond how the entire basket of now approximately 25-year old pitchers get handled.    There's plenty of sample size in Batters Faced 1-18 to prove your John Means or better quality to earn 19-27, but if you don't have it....five and dive needs some updating.   What rhymes with four or three?

“Four and show ‘em the door.”

“Three and gone they be.”

19 hours ago, gold21030 said:

We have two rookies in our rotation who are trying to make the move to the majors after spending most of last year at the alternate site not exactly racking up innings. We also have two project arms in the rotation.

This was pretty much expected. Hopefully it gets better as the year goes along, but I'm not worried about the short starts so far. We're not competing this year anyway.

Yeah in the offseason you hear people say "I want to see these rookies play, I don't care how they do.   Sick of seeing retreads".   

Then two weeks in the season after 3 starts and 9 innings you had people saying maybe Kremer should go tot he minors, he hasn't pitched well.

I don't pay close enough attention to know if it's the same people but it is amusing.

13 hours ago, SteveA said:

Yeah in the offseason you hear people say "I want to see these rookies play, I don't care how they do.   Sick of seeing retreads".   

Then two weeks in the season after 3 starts and 9 innings you had people saying maybe Kremer should go tot he minors, he hasn't pitched well.

I don't pay close enough attention to know if it's the same people but it is amusing.

I've been on the Hangout for about 20 years, and you can set the clock by April threads on how a 10 at bat slump is just a thing, but if we let this get to 2-for-20 clearly the front office is broken beyond repair.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2021 at 7:32 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

I've been on the Hangout for about 20 years, and you can set the clock by April threads on how a 10 at bat slump is just a thing, but if we let this get to 2-for-20 clearly the front office is broken beyond repair.

we saw the same thing on BSUN's SUNSPOT before OH was created.