Ryan Mountcastle no longer a prospect

wildcard

25 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

RM looking really locked in at the plate right now with another HR tonight to go along with some really hard hit balls.  I’m ok with him not being a defensive stud. He’s a legit middle of the lineup big bat. 

He’s regaining his confidence by the day.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/4/2021 at 3:45 PM, Il BuonO said:

And that makes sense. When they moved him to third I thought 2B would have been the better option because of his lack of arm strength, as you mentioned. 

I agree 1B is his spot defensively going forward.

Seems like he could potentially be a plus athlete/defender at 1B, for what it's worth

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

Lol who would downvote this? "I hate that one of our good young players is doing well!!!"

Yea. that seemed odd, probably hit the wrong button...I would hope.   I am glad they didn't send Mountcastle down, hopefully he keeps this up a while. 

5 hours ago, interloper said:

Lol who would downvote this? "I hate that one of our good young players is doing well!!!"

Maybe he thought I was being facetious? I wasn't. Just excited he's finally trending in the right direction.

I definitely like him at 1B over LF. He looks like he belongs there (not that my opinion means much and I don't have the stats to back that up). Still, I think he fits there better, particularly when Santander is back and Diaz is called up. 

• Upvote 1