INF CADYN GRENIER
INF ALEXIS TORRES*
INF TERRIN VAVRA
INF WILLY YAHN*

OF JAYLEN FERGUSON
OF ZACH JARRETT*
OF ROBERT NEUSTROM

Biggest surprises for me:

Jaylen Ferguson making the jump all the way to AA. Wow. Fenter getting the two level jump. No Baumann and Wells unless they have been pushed to AAA, they must be starting in the IL.

Primary Plays:
C - Rutschman
1B: Escarra but could be a rotation
2B: Vavra/Torres/Canelo
SS: Grenier/Canelo
3B: Dorrian/Yahn

LF: Jarrett/Vavra
CF: Ferguson/Vavra
RF: Neustrom

There is definitely a dearth of outfielders at this level, which is why I was surprising to see Nichting cut loose. Very surprised about Ferguson, figured it would be Rizer, Stowers, or Watson based on age. Really any of those would have been a big jump though.

Hopefully Adam Hall gets some time at Bowie this season, though I understand not starting him there.

9 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

There is definitely a dearth of outfielders at this level, which is why I was surprising to see Nichting cut loose. Very surprised about Ferguson, figured it would be Rizer, Stowers, or Watson based on age. Really any of those would have been a big jump though.

Hopefully Adam Hall gets some time at Bowie this season, though I understand not starting him there.

Ferguson is the biggest surprise of these rosters for me. He has less than 200 PAs at Delmarva in his career so basically he's jumping almost two levels. He must have been very impressive this spring. Glad I put him on my 20 under he radar players to watch for.

Oh, and Vavra will play some outfield.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Ferguson is the biggest surprise of these rosters for me. He has less than 200 PAs at Delmarva in his career so basically he's jumping almost two levels. He must have been very impressive this spring. Glad I put him on my 20 under he radar players to watch for.

Ferguson turns 24 in July, so he's age appropriate for AA. Its kind of redundant to have him playing at a lower level at that age. His minor league numbers suggest he isnt really a prospect, but you never know. 

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

Ferguson turns 24 in July, so he's age appropriate for AA. Its kind of redundant to have him playing at a lower level at that age. His minor league numbers suggest he isnt really a prospect, but you never know. 

Age vs levels are going to be out of whack this year so you really can't use that as much. He has some very good tools, but I'm actually excited that the Orioles choose to start him so high. This is the organization that is starting Westburg in Low-A so they are not exactly known for pushing guys aggressively. He really only has that success in 2019 to hang his hat on, so it's really interesting see what he looks like when the season opens and how he handles such a big jump in competition.

I had no clue who Adley’s backup was. I figured it would be Cody Roberts, who was a college draft pick a few seasons ago. That, or they should have kept Daniel Fajardo...

But looking at Chris Huggins, he was a 2017 pick by the Royals and the Orioles plucked him in the 2020 Rule 5 pick for the Minor Leagues. 

Ok bat, don’t know much about his defense, but it was noted he has a good defensive ability, which is why he was picked up. 

I know no one will really care when he plays, but it’s always intriguing to see who is behind the prospect.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I know no one will really care when he plays, but it’s always intriguing to see who is behind the prospect.

the people at the game will care -they'll be pissed that Adley is not playing!

The more I think about Rutschman catching DL Hall this year, the more disappointed I am that there was no minor league season last year.  Imagine where the rebuild could be if those two and Rodriquez had that year of development.  Really hoping each of those pitchers can finish the season a level higher than they're starting.  Would set us up for a big 2022 as far as introducing prospects to the bigs.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...