Michael Baumann 2021

Just Regular

Baumann was named the AA Northeast Pitcher of the Month for July.   

Bowie Baysox (Orioles) right-hander Mike Baumann was 3-0 with a 2.05 ERA in four starts. He held opponents to a .169 batting average, allowing 13 hits over 22 innings. He struck out 26 batters while walking four. Baumann, 25, was selected by Baltimore in the third round of the 2017 MLB Draft out of Jacksonville University.”

https://www.milb.com/news/minor-league-baseball-announces-players-of-the-month-for-july

Tonight versus Jacksonville, 6IP, 0ER, 1 Hit, 2 Walks, 6 K's, He threw 83 pitches.  No-hit them through 5 2/3 innings.  I expect he could get to Baltimore this years since he is on the 40 man.  Dean Kremer is coming in relief in the 7th inning.

• Upvote 2

Interesting start for Baumann tonight: 4 IP, 1H, 1 ER, 6BB, 4K and a wild pitch.  Took 72 pitches to get through 4 IP and only 37 strikes out of those 72 pitches.  I didn't watch but he seemed to settle down after walking 4 in the first 1.1 IP.

ERA at Norfolk now at 1.80

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

Baumann lasted only one inning tonight, allowing 2 runs on 3 hits and 2 walks.   He threw 39 pitches in the inning, which I assume is why he was pulled.   

This is disappointing. I know everyone has bad outings but like... come on mannnnnn. I hate Norfolk lol. 

Five shutout innings for Baumann tonight, 4 hits, 3 walks, 5 K’s.   It was a little tougher than that looks.   One of his strikeouts was on a wild pitch and the runner reached base, followed by two singles, but Baumann escaped on a double play grounder.   Later, he allowed two hits, got a DP on a foul pop up to Rutschman where he caught a runner off 2B (not sure how that happened) walked a guy and got the third out on a caught stealing.  Good inning for Rutschman, not so much from Baumann.  But hey, his ERA at Norfolk is 2.14, so we won’t complain!