Hyde can’t manage this team

Explosivo

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

What, are you Phil's dad?  He's a good sport, lighten up, buttercup.

In fact?  Really, how's it a fact that any one of us would have a similar record or better?  In fact, you proved the point that the manager doesn't really matter.  If any one of us was managing this team we'd have either a similar record or better and you strongly believe it.  That means you acknowledge that the roster is absolute crap and whoever's pulling the strings doesn't matter.  At this point you're just arguing about style points and are pitching a hissy fit because you want a manager who loves to make examples out of his players. 

Lost control of the team?  You mean this 17 win juggernaut?  What'd he lose control of, exactly?

Let's compare your response to mine when I remind you that La Russa didn't even know some of the rules of the game:  https://nypost.com/2021/05/06/tony-la-russa-didnt-know-the-rules-and-it-cost-the-white-sox/

I’m just proving that Hyde offers no value. Try to keep up and if I’m Phillip’s dad, you’re Hyde’s wife.

Edited by Explosivo

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Fine, we agree that Hyde offers no value and any one of us could do just as good of a job.

So what's your point?  

My point is he sucks. Geez, you’re dense.

Edited by Explosivo

Did I say we’d be winning this year? Scroll up. Try to put on your reading glasses and let’s use your thinking caps, alright? 

What I don’t like to see from major league managers, especially ones who have had three years to figure it out, is mismanaging talent. Now, as I’ve said, I’m convinced we want to be in last place and that’s fine with me as we need more talent for the team in two years, but you were defending Hyde now you’ve capitulated. Who gave the call to bunt?

Just now, Explosivo said:

Did I say we’d be winning this year? Scroll up. Try to put on your reading glasses and let’s use your thinking caps, alright? 

What I don’t like to see from major league managers, especially ones who have had three years to figure it out, is mismanaging talent. Now, as I’ve said, I’m convinced we want to be in last place and that’s fine with me as we need more talent for the team in two years, but you were defending Hyde now you’ve capitulated. Who gave the call to bunt?

Mismanaging talent?  What talent, specifically?

I didn't watch the postgame presser so I don't know who gave the call to bunt and I'm not sure what Hyde said.  From what I can tell, it sounds like Hays dropped the bunt himself.

Assuming that's so, I don't mind a manager who allows players to operate autonomously.  Trust is a two way street and if Hyde trusts Hays to be able to move a runner over, that's fine with me.  Hays got the bunt down, did his job.

32 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Mismanaging talent?  What talent, specifically?

I didn't watch the postgame presser so I don't know who gave the call to bunt and I'm not sure what Hyde said.  From what I can tell, it sounds like Hays dropped the bunt himself.

Assuming that's so, I don't mind a manager who allows players to operate autonomously.  Trust is a two way street and if Hyde trusts Hays to be able to move a runner over, that's fine with me.  Hays got the bunt down, did his job.

Except the manager was upset it happened so he’s either second guessing his players who as you’ve said he trusts, he’s a ghost and does the same as we do and plays armchair quarterback or he’s lost the team and the players have said “screw it” and taken matters in their own hands. It’s all good as long as Hyde isn’t on the team in two years. He can continue to crap the bed as it only results in us getting a top draft pick. Perhaps as well, the team will rally together in combined anger at their ghost of a manager. I could see that working in our favor as well. Further when the new guy steps in, it’ll be like a breath of fresh air. 

As for talent, I always look at where the team will be in two years. Our outfield is pretty well set and with an injection of Diaz and Kjerstad, we are golden there. First base is pretty well set as well with Mountcastle and Mancini. I like Galvis, and am anxious to see Jones, Westburg, Vavra, Hernandez and Henderson. Catcher, we already know who the future is and we are getting positive returns from Cumberland. As for pitching, Hall, Means and Rodriguez are the real deal and will be our top 3 starters. Beyond that, if we can get Kremer, Smith, Bauman, etc to fill in the last two spots we will be more than golden. We’ve got a lot of talent waiting in the wings and Chris Holt has already done great work progressing our young arms. It’s the reason he was promoted. We are already planning for the future there and are ushering in stability. Give it time. I’m happy with how we’ve drafted and the cream will rise to the top in two years fellas.

Edited by Explosivo

2 hours ago, Explosivo said:

I'm not the biggest Hyde fan myself, but what talent? The only players on the team that were nationally ranked prospects are Hays and Mountcastle. Hays has been decent; Mountcastle has been disappointing but he's showing some improvement.

Other than that, it's a gaggle of guys who really aren't that talented outside of Means and Mancini. It's more an indictment of Elias than anything.