Do You Think We Will Exceed the 21 Losses from 1988?

NelsonCruuuuuz

That '88 team also had Eddie Murray, too.

This team isn't better than that if you're going by the fact that the '88 team had two Hall of Famers.  Murray turned in an average Murray year in '88, his OPS was .836 which is what it was for his career.  Cal had slipped from his '83 numbers but he was still at a .803 OPS and a 128 OPS+.  

Anyway, looking ahead....

Giolito goes tomorrow, we have Akin.  Akin's a joke, Giolito is pretty legit.  Tomorrow should be a loss.  

After that, it's three more with the Twins who just swept us and we know they're not as bad as their record indicates.  Then it's three with Cleveland and they're pretty respectable this year.  Then two with the Mets, followed by three with the Rays. 

This team is terrible.  Odds are we don't meet or eclipse 0-21 but it also wouldn't surprise me if we did.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hey now, only one of the two overslot guys from last draft has had TJ.

The guy that reminds me of Jomar Reyes has been healthy I think.

Elias missed with 2 first round pictures in Houston and is scared to select another. Is the problem the pitching prospects or his ability to evaluate pitching? He didn’t select a pitcher in the last draft until much later, correct? That doesn’t sound like a good strategy to build a organization to me. 

At least Asa Lacy is playing baseball: 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=lacy--000asa

Edited by NelsonCruuuuuz

1 minute ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Elias missed with 2 first round pictures in Houston and is scared to select another. Is the problem the pitching prospects are his ability to evaluate pitching? He didn’t select a pitcher in the last draft until much later, correct? That doesn’t sound like a good strategy to build a organization to me. 

At least Asa Lacy is playing baseball: 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=lacy--000asa

14 walks in 13 innings. Nice.