Do You Think We Will Exceed the 21 Losses from 1988?

NelsonCruuuuuz

3 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Low A and he’s the guy I would have selected so that’s why I posted him. Again, he’s playing baseball. 

The Kjerstad pick may be a total bust but kind of hard for me to get on Elias about him not playing. Unless there is more to the story than we know which is always possible.  

I'm inclined to agree with eddie83 that the Orioles will manage to beat the Twins at least once.

If they don't, they will then be facing the Indians.

Cleveland will have to play double-headers both Sunday and Monday as the result of recent rainouts.  They are also short one of their starting pitchers after Zach Plesac broke his thumb while (would you believe?) he was trying to remove his undershirt.

They may have trouble unscrambling their starting rotation by the time they face the Orioles, who will presumably have John Means ready to start the opener of the series on Friday.

Just now, WillyM said:

I'm inclined to agree with eddie83 that the Orioles will manage to beat the Twins at least once.

If they don't, they will then be facing the Indians.

Cleveland will have to play double-headers both Sunday and Monday as the result of recent rainouts.  They are also short one of their starting pitchers after Zach Plesac broke his thumb while (would you believe?) he was trying to remove his undershirt.

They may have trouble unscrambling their starting rotation by the time they face the Orioles, who will presumably have John Means ready to start the opener of the series on Friday.

That doesn't change that everyone not named Means on the staff sucks donkey balls right now.

• Haha 1

The question was whether the Orioles will lose 21 in a row.

With Means starting against goodness knows who on Friday night, my answer is that I don't think they'll lose 21 in a row.

20 out of 21, maybe, but not 21 in a row.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

That '88 team also had Eddie Murray, too.

This team isn't better than that if you're going by the fact that the '88 team had two Hall of Famers.  Murray turned in an average Murray year in '88, his OPS was .836 which is what it was for his career.  Cal had slipped from his '83 numbers but he was still at a .803 OPS and a 128 OPS+.  

Anyway, looking ahead....

Giolito goes tomorrow, we have Akin.  Akin's a joke, Giolito is pretty legit.  Tomorrow should be a loss.  

After that, it's three more with the Twins who just swept us and we know they're not as bad as their record indicates.  Then it's three with Cleveland and they're pretty respectable this year.  Then two with the Mets, followed by three with the Rays. 

This team is terrible.  Odds are we don't meet or eclipse 0-21 but it also wouldn't surprise me if we did.

We haven't beaten the Twins since opening day of 2018, so I don't see much hope for ending this losing streak anytime soon.

17 hours ago, WillyM said:

Indians are also short one of their starting pitchers after Zach Plesac broke his thumb while (would you believe?) he was trying to remove his undershirt.

Stupid injury but not sure anything will ever top Marty Cordova falling asleep in a tanning bed and burning his face.

5 minutes ago, Finisher said:

Stupid injury but not sure anything will ever top Marty Cordova falling asleep in a tanning bed and burning his face.

Not injury related, but Jack Cust falling down sprinting to home and making the final out of a game against the Yankees was one of more memorable low points in O’s history.

That one was so bad, I had to laugh to keep from getting angry. 

aQRa1HDrJmELHo4iQYbH17tjSQcyuLWklOKYcyL5