Orioles Hangout Community Michael "weams" Williams Hall of Fame

Tony-OH

Well earned. When I first joined this board and started actively participating a decade or so ago, I was a little surprised about the muted reaction or interaction that most of my early posts would get. Then I came to understand the rhythm of OH’s beat (generally very well informed, be prepared to back up your claims, no swearing). I preferred it to almost any other site out there. And Michael was one of the few people who responded to my early posts (the non-idiotic ones, at least), and that really made me feel at home.

That helped bring me a sense of community at a time when I had almost none, a stranger living in a strange land abroad where soccer ruled everyones’ lives and nobody truly understood baseball. And in the years since I have come to genuinely enjoy interacting with almost all of you; think that I would genuinely like meeting up with many of you; and have only had to ignore a few of you in order to keep my love of the game. 

Weams, we haven’t been able to meet (yet) but I hope we get that chance one day soon. Strength to you and your loved ones when you all need it the most. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
On 6/2/2021 at 10:43 PM, InsideCoroner said:

Well earned. When I first joined this board and started actively participating a decade or so ago, I was a little surprised about the muted reaction or interaction that most of my early posts would get. Then I came to understand the rhythm of OH’s beat (generally very well informed, be prepared to back up your claims, no swearing). I preferred it to almost any other site out there. And Michael was one of the few people who responded to my early posts (the non-idiotic ones, at least), and that really made me feel at home.

That helped bring me a sense of community at a time when I had almost none, a stranger living in a strange land abroad where soccer ruled everyones’ lives and nobody truly understood baseball. And in the years since I have come to genuinely enjoy interacting with almost all of you; think that I would genuinely like meeting up with many of you; and have only had to ignore a few of you in order to keep my love of the game. 

Weams, we haven’t been able to meet (yet) but I hope we get that chance one day soon. Strength to you and your loved ones when you all need it the most. 

I got that way back when like 38 years ago... I was almost brand new on here. like 20 posts. Was reading some thread and someone mentioned the cross-checker. I had never heard of that so I just posted "What's a cross-checker?" TONY himself answered me, explained in some detail what a cross-checker is and what they do. Really sealed the deal for me on here. Locked me in. :)

42 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I got that way back when like 38 years ago... I was almost brand new on here. like 20 posts. Was reading some thread and someone mentioned the cross-checker. I had never heard of that so I just posted "What's a cross-checker?" TONY himself answered me, explained in some detail what a cross-checker is and what they do. Really sealed the deal for me on here. Locked me in. :)

Hmmmm - but banned twice even after your "heart to heart"?  Did the cross-checker catch our "cross-dresser"?  What was his/her name (us/them)?