Felix Bautista 2021

orioles22

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

He's a no-brainer for me. He actually doesn't throw a ton of non competitive pitches so although his walk rates are high, it's mostly from batters taking close pitches that they don't swing at because they know they can't hit him. 

If not for the potential work stoppage, he should be pitching in the major leagues now. I still would like to get him used to the major league all in AAA. Not sure what the hold up there is unless their algorithm is holding him back because of his strike percentage.

I think you already know that he is in AAA getting used to the ML ball.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 12:24 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

He’s had some rough outings in AAA so far. 

He really just had the one real bad outing.  Seems to be back on track.  I'm starting to envision a power arm packed bullpen at some point next year with Bautista, Burdi, Scott, T. Wells, Bradish, and Peralta.  

13 hours ago, RZNJ said:

He really just had the one real bad outing.  Seems to be back on track.  I'm starting to envision a power arm packed bullpen at some point next year with Bautista, Burdi, Scott, T. Wells, Bradish, and Peralta.  

I hope so, but that’s a lot of inconsistent milb careers that all have to come together at once. I’m a big fan of trading “non elite” bullpen pieces at peak value. I’m sure the Fry implosion hurt Elias a bit. Maybe we could get something for Sulser in the offseason. 

Plus it’s pointless to protect current “non elite” relievers and risk losing relievers of the same ilk, that are cheaper/younger, in the Rule 5. 

28 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I hope so, but that’s a lot of inconsistent milb careers that all have to come together at once. I’m a big fan of trading “non elite” bullpen pieces at peak value. I’m sure the Fry implosion hurt Elias a bit. Maybe we could get something for Sulser in the offseason. 

Plus it’s pointless to protect current “non elite” relievers and risk losing relievers of the same ilk, that are cheaper/younger, in the Rule 5. 

I mostly agree with you about Fry but this team is dead last in ERA again by a pretty decent margin. If you don't get who you want for him, you keep him and try to stabilize the bullpen next year. His implosion came outta nowhere. The guy didn't give up an extra basehit until August 16th. Pretty bizarre year for him. 

1 hour ago, LTO's said:

I mostly agree with you about Fry but this team is dead last in ERA again by a pretty decent margin. If you don't get who you want for him, you keep him and try to stabilize the bullpen next year. His implosion came outta nowhere. The guy didn't give up an extra basehit until August 16th. Pretty bizarre year for him. 

I agree. Fry has promise, but we’re never going to have a productive bullpen until we have some semblance of a rotation. Until then, any reliever that has any value , should be dealt immediately. 

On 9/5/2021 at 11:32 PM, RZNJ said:

Do you think the O's are going to protect Burdi from the Rule 5?

27 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He's on the 40 man roster so he's protected unless they release him.  Guess it depends on how he looks this month.  

There are bunch of guys on the 40 that may be coming off  IMO.   Abad, Burdi, Ellis, Greene, Matt Harvey, Dustin Knight, Lakins, Mattson, Wade, Watkins, Wynns,  Bannon, Gutierrez, Martin,  and Diaz all have to be in that conversation.

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

There are bunch of guys on the 40 that maybe coming off  IMO.   Abad, Burdi, Ellis, Greene, Matt Harvey, Dustin Knight, Lakins, Mattson, Wade, Watkins, Wynns,  Bannon, Gutierrez, Martin,  and Diaz all have to be in that conversation.

Agreed that all of those are possibilities.  Some more likely than others.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

There are bunch of guys on the 40 that may be coming off  IMO.   Abad, Burdi, Ellis, Greene, Matt Harvey, Dustin Knight, Lakins, Mattson, Wade, Watkins, Wynns,  Bannon, Gutierrez, Martin,  and Diaz all have to be in that conversation.

I also think that not too many of those/if any would be claimed through a DFA. Also Severino DFAd and Mancini traded. 

I don’t think the 40 man crunch will be so bad this offseason. 

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

lol. He reportedly can touch 100 mph.  If he looks decent, they'll keep him on the 40 man.

He doesn't touch 100, he can sit 100 on certain days. His fastball is the best on the system velocity wise. there is a little doubt he's going to be protected from the rule 5 because he would absolutely be taken.

• Upvote 1