Felix Bautista 2021

orioles22

45 minutes ago, Orioles4Life21 said:

You’re the only one who knew he has a high walk rate then? 

Seemed more like you’re writing him off without the full context of how he’s performed. 

Dude, just stop.  I raised a question about him, and Tony gave a good reply to it.  What your doing is the opposite of a good reply.  

43 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Dude, just stop.  I raised a question about him, and Tony gave a good reply to it.  What your doing is the opposite of a good reply.  

You hit me with a “everybody knew that” when I just provided more context to your original reply but ok sir you got it 

48 minutes ago, Orioles4Life21 said:

You hit me with a “everybody knew that” when I just provided more context to your original reply but ok sir you got it 

My apologies.  I probably misinterpreted the tone of your first post.  

A typical outing for the hard thrower in his AAA debut.

Walked a guy (got squeezed on several calls)
Hit a guy (nicked him on the uniform sleeve)
Meanwhile went about striking out the side on 97-99 MPH fastballs and an 81 change that is almost unfair.

• Upvote 2

Seems like he’s a lock to get added to the 40 man this offseason to avoid the rule 5. I’m a big believer that there’s only so many bullets in an arm, so if a guy is “MLB ready” like Bautista is, than just promote him. He has special circumstances, as he isn’t some 22 year old. However, I don’t want to expose him to the mess that our current bullpen is, and would like to see him dominate in 1IP late inning situations. No reason to burn his arm out, like we have most of our relievers. Once rosters expand, he’s a prime candidate to come up though. 

Also, I know Cesar Valdez kinda got figured out a bit, but the more hard throwers in the pen, might allow him to get back to some level of effectiveness. Imagine Valdez consistently following hard throwers like Bautista and Scott. 

Edited by sportsfan8703
  • Upvote 1

On 8/11/2021 at 7:13 AM, sportsfan8703 said:

Seems like he’s a lock to get added to the 40 man this offseason to avoid the rule 5. I’m a big believer that there’s only so many bullets in an arm, so if a guy is “MLB ready” like Bautista is, than just promote him. He has special circumstances, as he isn’t some 22 year old. However, I don’t want to expose him to the mess that our current bullpen is, and would like to see him dominate in 1IP late inning situations. No reason to burn his arm out, like we have most of our relievers. Once rosters expand, he’s a prime candidate to come up though. 

Also, I know Cesar Valdez kinda got figured out a bit, but the more hard throwers in the pen, might allow him to get back to some level of effectiveness. Imagine Valdez consistently following hard throwers like Bautista and Scott. 

O's announcers were hyping him the other day. The results are impressive despite the high walk rate. This guy may make Scott look like the model of consistency. Could be closer of the future if he can control the walks. 

On 8/10/2021 at 9:31 PM, Tony-OH said:

A typical outing for the hard thrower in his AAA debut.

Walked a guy (got squeezed on several calls)
Hit a guy (nicked him on the uniform sleeve)
Meanwhile went about striking out the side on 97-99 MPH fastballs and an 81 change that is almost unfair.

Certainly sounds very promising.   A no-brainer to protect?

On 8/10/2021 at 9:54 PM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Me likey. 

He should be a no brained call up on Sept 1. He’s getting used to the MLB ball in AAA. His IP aren’t high. He’s a must protect on the 40 man this offseason. We certainly have 5-10 guys on the 40 man that could be easily waived, and easily not claimed, even if we’re worrying about keeping them. 

On 8/12/2021 at 1:41 PM, RZNJ said:

Certainly sounds very promising.   A no-brainer to protect?

He's a no-brainer for me. He actually doesn't throw a ton of non competitive pitches so although his walk rates are high, it's mostly from batters taking close pitches that they don't swing at because they know they can't hit him. 

If not for the potential work stoppage, he should be pitching in the major leagues now. I still would like to get him used to the major league all in AAA. Not sure what the hold up there is unless their algorithm is holding him back because of his strike percentage.

• Upvote 1