Dilon Tate Is Bringing The Heat!

Il BuonO

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

I don’t know why this happens so often, when my comment doubles itself, but it’s happening so often like almost every time and I’m tired of fixing it. I’m sure there’s a country song out there about seeing double and being single and driving a quad

It just made me think of the character from Goodfellas.  

Get the papers, get the papers.  

CoC's comment was tongue in cheek, I believe.  He's never liked Tate and never misses an opportunity to dunk on him.  Won't ever comment on him when he's going good.

I -on the other hand- like Tate.  He's got a power arm out of the pen and has flashed before.  I think he could be a piece moving forward.  And we know Elias is probably going to give him every chance to succeed as he was a high draft pick.

He wouldn’t have been my choice tonight, but my next post is in the Hyde thread. Don’t like a lot of his decisions. I like Tate‘s stuff, but he has some work to be a next level reliever.

Wells is the best guy they have in the pen and in a high leverage situation that’s who I want. 

There should NOT be a designated closer on a team that wins maybe one to two games per week. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

It just made me think of the character from Goodfellas.  

Get the papers, get the papers.  

CoC's comment was tongue in cheek, I believe.  He's never liked Tate and never misses an opportunity to dunk on him.  Won't ever comment on him when he's going good.

I -on the other hand- like Tate.  He's got a power arm out of the pen and has flashed before.  I think he could be a piece moving forward.  And we know Elias is probably going to give him every chance to succeed as he was a high draft pick.

I was also dunking on the hold stat.

12 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

He wouldn’t have been my choice tonight, but my next post is in the Hyde thread. Don’t like a lot of his decisions. I like Tate‘s stuff, but he has some work to be a next level reliever.

Wells is the best guy they have in the pen and in a high leverage situation that’s who I want. 

There should NOT be a designated closer on a team that wins maybe one to two games per week. 

I think Lopez might prove himself to be a good high-leverage reliever too. Alternatively, it makes sense to use him as several-innings middle relief, but so far Hyde, in a SSS of two games, seems to be auditioning him for closer.

8 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Well, I’m not gonna take the easy way out and delete the thread. But man, for a guy with good velocity and movement he’s pretty disappointing.

If Coc comes in here to dunk again I’ll turn tail.

Another frustrating guy who looks like he’s turning the corner, then regresses.  

• 1 month later...

A few weeks ago, in a thread having nothing to do with Dillon Tate, we got off on a tangent that resulted in Can_of_corn noting that Tate had allowed 24 inherited runners to score, and wondering what the record was. 

Well, I still don’t know what the record is, but Tate doesn’t hold it, because he was beaten out this year by the Angels’ Steve  Cishek, 26 to 25.    Tate had a worse percentage than Cishek (25/53=47% vs. 26/61=43%), but had one fewer runner score.   He did well in September on that front, allowing only 2 of 10 inherited runners to touch home plate.   

Tate finished the season with a 4.39 ERA, 1.24 WHIP, 6.5 K/9, 2.1 K/BB.