Tuesday's game in Tampa will not be on MASN

SteveA

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

If you have a Smart TV or a streaming device like Apple TV or Roku, then you can download  and view on the YouTube app.

I imagine for some older viewer this will be quite the challenge, but they can always watch on Youtube from their computer. 

Which is my point. I’m fine with modern technology but would have no desire to watch on a computer when I have a big screen. 

YouTube pays MLB for exclusive games. I get that but it stinks for many fans.  

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Which is my point. I’m fine with modern technology but would have no desire to watch on a computer when I have a big screen. 

I agree and that MASN should at least simulcast the MLB coverage for the viewers who are not tech savvy. 

I don't like people being selected for a job because of their gender.  Or being excluded from a job for the same reason.  Especially since gender now seems to be such a "fluid" concept.  These broadcasters all seem to be solid professionals.  But that wasn't the overriding reason any of them were selected for this broadcast.  Fred Manfra should have declared himself a female.  I enjoyed his play by play more than Melanie Newman's.  Did I get political?  

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I don't like people being selected for a job because of their gender.  Or being excluded from a job for the same reason.  Especially since gender now seems to be such a "fluid" concept.  These broadcasters all seem to be solid professionals.  But that wasn't the overriding reason any of them were selected for this broadcast.  Fred Manfra should have declared himself a female.  I enjoyed his play by play more than Melanie Newman's.  Did I get political?  

Sort of.   

I’m not a fan of Newman’s radio PBP.  I’m interested to hear how she does on TV.  It’s a very different gig to do TV PBP, less description and more conversation.   

21 hours ago, RVAOsFan said:

For the die hards out there that still haven't cut the cord so they can continue to watch the O's on MASN this seems a little messed up.  Why can't they still show the game on MASN and do an alternative option on Youtube?

Now, if they want to show a Bowie game instead of an O's game on MASN here and there in the second half, count me in.

If your still keeping cable because of MASN you need to get with the times.  You can stream every game for free online. 

22 hours ago, RVAOsFan said:

For the die hards out there that still haven't cut the cord so they can continue to watch the O's on MASN this seems a little messed up.  Why can't they still show the game on MASN and do an alternative option on Youtube?

Now, if they want to show a Bowie game instead of an O's game on MASN here and there in the second half, count me in.

For what it's worth and for those who don't subscribe to it already, Bowie and every other minor league team you can watch for free through Sunday on MiLB.TV

MiLB Major Fun Weekend is here and to celebrate, we've made MiLB.TV available to all fans for FREE through Sunday. See Baseball's Future Stars from all 30 Major League organizations as they take the field across the United States. With more than 100 games available live and thousands more on-demand, there's plenty of action to keep you busy these three days! Note: Registration required.

1 minute ago, nevadaO said:

For what it's worth and for those who don't subscribe to it already, Bowie and every other minor league team you can watch for free through Sunday on MiLB.TV

MiLB Major Fun Weekend is here and to celebrate, we've made MiLB.TV available to all fans for FREE through Sunday. See Baseball's Future Stars from all 30 Major League organizations as they take the field across the United States. With more than 100 games available live and thousands more on-demand, there's plenty of action to keep you busy these three days! Note: Registration required.

Bowie has a doubleheader to watch today too. It's a good day! Baumann starting Game 1 in just over 2 hours.

19 hours ago, eddie83 said:

You and MLB probably have different ideas about what constitutes "many".  

7 hours ago, Ohfan67 said:

You and MLB probably have different ideas about what constitutes "many".  

I think MLB likes money and YouTube provides that. YouTube is trying to get their foot in the door for more MLB content. At the end of the day unless it’s a bunch of games people may whine but they won’t miss a ton of games.